How easy would it be to stick to the old plan...

Same here i am for sure sticking to the old plan i've only been doing it 8 weeks anyway so its all new for me and works!! im not gonna rock the boat just before christmas lol :D

That's what I'm worried about doing, really wished the new plan would have not come out till the new year as doing well on the discovery plan atm (touch wood as not to jinx tonight lol)

I'm giving the new plan a couple weeks, and if I don't like it I'll be doing the old one on my own, and may/may not just go to meetings to get weighed, but we shall see...

That's what I'm worried about doing, really wished the new plan would have not come out till the new year as doing well on the discovery plan atm (touch wood as not to jinx tonight lol)

I'm giving the new plan a couple weeks, and if I don't like it I'll be doing the old one on my own, and may/may not just go to meetings to get weighed, but we shall see...

I do hope the new plan works for you :D

what I have noticing now that I'm doing the new plan is that if I compare what I eat now with what I ate before I'm having exactly the same number of points. So don't worry guys, it's just a different way of calculating the points that forces you to make healthier choices when it comes to food, instilling in you stronger and better behaviours. But the result is going to be the same!!! In fact, because fruit will keep you fuller for longer, if your choice is to have a banana or a chocolate bar and you think "I know, now in the new plan I can have both..." yes, you can, but eat the banana first and maybe a bunch of grapes and an apple, and then decide whether you're still needing to have your chocolate bar... (probably not!!!)

But emotional eating doesn't stop that 'need' some people have a chocolate bar fir comfort in points now they can have fruit and a bar meaning more calories ?? I dint like SW personally just as it tbh doesn't teach portion control and new ww is similar, I don't feel bananas should be free as they are a high calorie fruit.
I will buy the ww @ home pack to try , I dint like much fruit so that's not anything gained for me. I think with all plans it's willpower but I think ww is trying to be like SW now,but nothing ventured n all that!!xx

But emotional eating doesn't stop that 'need' some people have a chocolate bar fir comfort in points now they can have fruit and a bar meaning more calories ?? I dint like SW personally just as it tbh doesn't teach portion control and new ww is similar, I don't feel bananas should be free as they are a high calorie fruit.
I will buy the ww @ home pack to try , I dint like much fruit so that's not anything gained for me. I think with all plans it's willpower but I think ww is trying to be like SW now,but nothing ventured n all that!!xx

Totally agree here. My one problem in the past was eating to much and not feeling full, so I never really thought ooh can't eat any more as I feel a little full.

I love chocolate as I am sure many others do, knowing I could have that and still have the banana, full or not if I had had the banana I think I would still have the chocolate bar, (if points allowed) its a bad habit to get into doing, but its part of the reason I like the discovery plan, cause if I only have points for one or the other I would usually have the banana, if now I can have the chocolate and still have the banana for 0 points, well you see the problem..

Totally agree here. My one problem in the past was eating to much and not feeling full, so I never really thought ooh can't eat any more as I feel a little full.

I love chocolate as I am sure many others do, knowing I could have that and still have the banana, full or not if I had had the banana I think I would still have the chocolate bar, (if points allowed) its a bad habit to get into doing, but its part of the reason I like the discovery plan, cause if I only have points for one or the other I would usually have the banana, if now I can have the chocolate and still have the banana for 0 points, well you see the problem..

My fiancé suffers from emotional eating. Yes, I hear you, he's a man it's odd. He works in a job centre as an adviser for people on the doll, so you might understand that it can become too much even for a strong man from time to time. Normally he would come home and reach for treats, not because he's hungry but because he just wants to. he is not interested in knowing how many points things are, I am the one who calculates things for him because he doesn't have the patience, but he is quite sincere when I ask him what naughty stuff he had and he tells me. But when I come back home, even if I would leave on the counter for him one packet of WW barbecue crisps and some fruit, he would have been home for 15/20 minutes and have had 2 packets of crisps (on the top of the one I had put on the counter), disregard the fruit and have also one mini magnum just because he was feeling ravenous and wanted to eat something and preferred the magnum to the fruit, and felt sad and depressed (but sadly the magnum and the 2 packets of crisps totalled 10 points while the fruit on the counter only 3... and he would complain after dinner that he felt still hungry).

Now that he is on the new plan, I again leave on the counter for him some fruit and a packet of barbecue WW crisps. When I come back he would have eaten the fruit and the crisps (because the fruit is free so he knows he can have something else if he wants to) and would honestly say he hasn't had anything else because was feeling stuffed and has an overbulging stomach exactly as if he had a 5 course meal.

Then if you can still eat a chocolate bar even if you've got an overbulging stomach because of the fruit you ate, then it might be a problem, but I suppose you might stop at eating ONE chocolate bar (although normally you could have continued easily to 2, 3 or 4) or you could be feeling sick :D

Last edited:
What can I say, no- one likes change! It does sound similar to slimming world- which for me didn't work because all of these free food we were allowed. I know we have 0 points on WW but that is mostly just veg. For example on SW certain days these mugs shots with pasta would be free so whenever i was peckish i would have one safe in the knowledge that it was free. Funnily enough i didn't loose any weight on slimming world and that mug shot equates to 4 WW points!! I understand that it is encouraging healthy options but at the end of the day if i want that small 2 point choc bar im going to include it...but then have the banana that is now zero on top- which would have been highly pointed before. I reckon it would work for some (those with more restraint ;) but for people like me i need tough tight guidelines that i will stick to in order to see any progress.
Will they change the points system for all the meal products etc??

Me and my Mum are planning on sticking to the old plan. By default I'll have to change online by the sound of it but I'll just use it to compare the 'old' points system to the 'new' points system.

I'm going to try the new plan. still not 100% sure on it though. Everyone is raving on about fruit being free therefore being a better option for a snack but I have a huge problem with this...I dont like fruit...ANY fruit. I have tried so many fruits and they all seem to make me wretch. I have tried unpeeled, peeled, cut, uncut...Been to the doctors and had to see a food therapist over this. It is like some form of phobia...hard to put into words tbh

But im gonna try the new plan, not gonna knock it till ive tried it lol

I'm going to try the new plan. still not 100% sure on it though. Everyone is raving on about fruit being free therefore being a better option for a snack but I have a huge problem with this...I dont like fruit...ANY fruit. I have tried so many fruits and they all seem to make me wretch. I have tried unpeeled, peeled, cut, uncut...Been to the doctors and had to see a food therapist over this. It is like some form of phobia...hard to put into words tbh

But im gonna try the new plan, not gonna knock it till ive tried it lol

I think my hubby might be able to relate, (where some other foods are concerned) but his problem is gona be over eating fruit, especially bananas, as knowing there free he could certainly eat to many...

imso said:
Hmm interesting link, if that is how the new WW is going to be then it deff reminds me of SW.. especially the 'comfort plus foods', that you can eat as much of until satisfied, for 3 and 4 points

But again that's not new! That's been part of Discover plan too just under another name

I really just can't see how people think this new plan is anything like SW. Ok fruit is now free but that's it.....

Changed my mind, I've got a free trial on the weightwatchers website for 2 weeks (voucher is in reveal magazine) so I'm going to try out the new plan until then and if I like it I'll keep going.

Changed my mind, I've got a free trial on the weightwatchers website for 2 weeks (voucher is in reveal magazine) so I'm going to try out the new plan until then and if I like it I'll keep going.

Remember to cancel it as soon as possible, as they will start taking the money for the next months near the end of the two weeks...

But again that's not new! That's been part of Discover plan too just under another name

I really just can't see how people think this new plan is anything like SW. Ok fruit is now free but that's it.....

The site i looked at makes it sound like its a new thing though

I'm not sure if i'm allowed to copy what it says, if i'm not then i'm sorry and please delete it

"The biggest change within the 'new' WW: The Comfort Plus foods you can eat until you are satisfied. There are now 18 products you can eat at a fixed number of points until you feel satisfied"

On the 4 points list they have potatoes, pasta, rice, wholemeal bread, oats and wholegrain cereals

On the 3 point list they have turkey, pork, veal, beef, lamb, white fish, tuna, seafood, quark, 0% fat yogurt, quorn and legume

All this very much reminds me of SW but that doesn't mean i'm knocking it and i can understand why some people are getting very excited :)

"The biggest change within the 'new' WW: The Comfort Plus foods you can eat until you are satisfied. There are now 18 products you can eat at a fixed number of points until you feel satisfied"

I cant understand why they say that its NOT new, it sure as heck isnt the biggest change. Id say the biggest changes are the 49 points for treats or the fact fruit is free.

The Comfort foods have been around for years, just called something else :confused:

I don't understand how it's going to pull the pro points from my 49 treats pro points.

I popped a costa hot chocolate into my planner and it's pulled the points from my 35 daily allowance :(

The points all come out of your daily allowance first. Once you track something and youve used your daily points allowance, it'll take it off the 49 weekly allowance xx

Ah gotcha, thank you. I think this is going to require muchos planning and I'm going to need to do this the night before instead of on the fly!

Back