How encouraging!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by red1983, 8 June 2009 Social URL.

1. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi guys,

I thought i would share my pleasent and encouraging trip to the dr's with you!!!!

I went because i needed to get my pill for the next 3 months - so obviously i had to have my blood pressure done then was asked to hop on the scales!! The dr then said - you have lost weight - but your still in the obese section of your BMI so you NEED to carry on!!

To be honest it really wound me up - i have lost 4 stone 3 pounds with slimming world no help from them at all and my bmi is 26 - so i'm literally just in that section!! But i thought that was great encouragement!!! NOT!!!

What about the well done - she didn't even ask me what my target was and therefore where that would place me within the BMI!!

To be honest i left feeling pretty p**sed off - but even more determined to get to target so i can go back next time and take the smug look off her face!!!

Sorry needed to rant!!!

K x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'd thought I was lucky with my new Dr, she's been very enthusiastic when I've been to see her about my weight loss...but recently, when I went, she's started talking about diet pills! I don't want to start taking diet pills!!

4. red1983

red1983 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I just felt like what i had done was nothing!! Your dr sounds as good as mine - diet pills - are they stupid!! You have done so well without them why would you want them now?!

It really irritates me!!!

k XX

5. JestersTear

JestersTear Cute, but psycho!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    She'd been so encouraging until then as well. All I said was 'I'm struggling a bit at the moment' and next min she's talking about pills!

6. anwen

anwen Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.74%)
    Diet:
    SW
    Wait, your BMI's 26? That's just barely overweight, not obese! Hope that's just a typo of RAGE at the STUPIDness of your doctor. NGGG! Luckily, mine's never mentioned my weight at all, which is good as I have a generally very high opinion of her, but most GPs seem to be horrendously ignorant when it comes to weight issues and I'd hate to be disillusioned...

7. Chuffy_29

Chuffy_29 Bring it on!

Start Weight:
    103.19kg
    Current Weight:
    100.47kg
    Goal Weight:
    92.53kg
    Lost(%):
    2.7kg(2.64%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That's not on! 26 is only just in the overweight as anwen says. Most people wouldn't even get a second glance for that! When you next go you might like to point that out!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.