How hard is the first week?

SCrittenden,
I went to my meeting on Sunday at 11am - just had water all morning - and started that day - just was in that special zone!
However not my first time so I knew the score!
You are very positive so grab it with both hands and go for it!
Keep posting your thoughts in those first few days as it really helps
x

So it would be ok for me to just drink water before my appointment and 11.30 tomorrow, then just go straight into it? Will my cdc try and convince me not too? I don't really know what to expect from this meeting..

That'll be fine as long as you can last 'til 11.30! No time like the present!

Your CDC should be fine with starting straight away as long as you dont need docs approval or anything?

The meeting will be along the lines of this: The CDC will weigh, calculate your BMI and measure you and take some before photos. They'll go through all the info you need and go through a medical form with you. Then you can ask any questions you may have. If all is ok then you will pick your weeks worth of packs, pay, then leave! Most CDC's will contact you on around day 3 to see how you are, some even like to arrange a brief meeting.

Good luck on your journey!

i have already got my doctor to sign my form because of my weight, so hopefully i can just start tomorrow! :) .. i will let everyone know how if i feel so happy and positive this time on friday! lol.

Hi. The first meeting will go fine, I'm sure of it. It will give you the motivation to get through the coming week, any questions you have your CDC will be happy to answer.

Any myths you've heard - they will put straight.

Drinking water now is a good idea as it is something you have to get used to.

Good luck, we're here to chat if you need to, its a great forum.

Martin

Hey I found it ok but became ill, don't know if it was to do with CD or just a coincidence. But I stuck with it and just carried on reminding myself what I wanted to achieve!! Good luck keep us posted x

Good luck! I'm starting next tues. Had my meeting last night. (was weighed but not measured and no photo though,is that unusual?)
I can't give you much advice at this stage, but we'll be going through it together!

SCrittenden,
I went to my meeting on Sunday at 11am - just had water all morning - and started that day - just was in that special zone!
However not my first time so I knew the score!
You are very positive so grab it with both hands and go for it!
Keep posting your thoughts in those first few days as it really helps
x

Are you 'in the zone' yet Nadine? Best of luck this time.

I started with CD last week and expected it to be difficult for a few days. However, except for the headache on the second day, I just started to feel extremely well. No appetite - could cook for the family with no trouble at all, was not bothered about the delicious smells wafting around.

Was shopping today and felt hungry (?) but realised that I was actually feeling thirsty because I hadn't brought by water bottle with me. I'm sitting here with a pint of chilled water and a huge mug of tea (with milk because we are allowed that now).

The most difficult part of doing CD or LL is making sure you drink all the water every day. It really does make a difference.

My CDC did not measure or weigh me, she said I could do it myself, and gave me a card to fill in. I am happy to do this, and discovered that I have, in six days, lost 4cm from my neck!

I had wondered about this because I had noticed it was easier to look down (less chins in the way). This is very motivating, I can tell you.

I am already visualising me next year having a fab, fit, slim summer holiday again!

Finally, as a lot of posters have said, you are in a special place here at Minis. You'll get all the support, advice and friendship you require.

Good luck!

AJ

Hi there i started the lipotrim diet on tuesday and i found it really hard does anyone have any tips on how to help as my will power is non existent :cry:

Good question, I am sure its not right or wrong!

Its highlighted some of my food/emotion related habits this ole CD lark. There was a degree of excitement for me too, so I'm sure its something many experience.

Judders

Hello,

Forgot to say... you asked how hard Week 1 of CD is. My first week was only recent, so fresh in my memory - so I'll add my experience to the pot.

Day 1 was OK (surprised by shakes tasting better than expected)

Day 2 was not good (very tired and had a headache, went to bed for the afternoon as it was a Sunday) :sigh:

Day 3-6 were better than Day 2 (felt hungry and had the famous "dog's tongue" dry mouth/breath issues; but also started to feel more energetic and alert) ;)

Day 7 was awful - really, really emotional and felt generally quite sorry-for-myself (however that was my own doing... I didn't like the soups & that was all I had left, so ate nothing until 5.00pm - VERY FOOLISH - by which time I'd seen my CDC & got more supplies!) :cry:

I've said this in other posts but I nearly quit on Day 7 and I didn't - and I am SO GLAD!!! Since early on in Week 2, I've felt better and better, both physically and mentally. Plus I've lost weight! :D

All the best,

Judders

For me it wasnt how hard is week one just how hard is the first two days after those i was flying xxxx

Started today, had my first pack an hour ago.. not hungry at the moment, so i hope that lasts, (although i doubt it will).. i will let everyone know how it goes over the next week!

Good luck hun just keep thinking by the weekend you will feel sooooo much better and the water really really helps when u are feeling hungry xxxxx

I must be one of the few who didn't get into ketosis very quickly at all. In fact it took 2 weeks for me to start feeling better, however, when I did there came a feeling of euphoria. I had also never slept better than I did after the initial first 2 weeks had passed.
That was 2 years ago but unfortunatly I've now put it all back on (plus and extra stone and a bit), so I'm here to start over and I'm really looking forward to getting that euphoric feeling and bags of energy again.

Back