how has your tastes changed since starting sw?

tinkerbellsmum

Gold Member
how has your tastes changed since starting sw? what did u used to like but don't now? what do you like but didn't think you did or didn't before?

I have found I don't like chip shop (chips used to love them)
I don't like burgers anymore
I like wholemeal bread and before I used by white and wholemeal cause i didn't like wholemeal.
I like veg (don't eat it as much as I should but thats habit)
I like water

Love water.
Love love loveeeeeeeee fish, very weird. Always liked sushi but especially like fish now.
Vegetables and anything fresh, used to think it wouldn't fill me up.

I love pepsi max, took about 2 weeks before i got used to it being sugar free, now i cant stand 'normal' pepsi. xxx

I gave myself the evening off, just eaten chicken in a bun and chips. Bread nice, chicken nice, except for coating which was slimy and greasy where I used to love it. Chips seemed like eating lard, and ketchup whch I used to always have and havent had in 6 weeks was horrific, had to throw half burger away... big changes for me who used to love this meal. Now feel very ill :(

hey
things have definitely changed for me!

1. i used to eat 2-3 bags of crisps a day, i havent had a crisp since xmas
2.i used to have 1 takeaway a week at least, havent had 1 since xmas
3.im a total quorn addict! quorn everything!!!
4. i live on sugarfree squash instead of fizzy
5. i dont really bother with alcohol anymore
6. ive gone from craving sweets to savoury foods
7. Dont really like roast potatoes anymore
8. i LIVE for my Sunday roast with loads of veg!!

Kate

I don't like bread anymore. I used to eat too much before SW and gave it up totally when I started SW. I have had a bit when I started maintaining but I just don't like it now!
I really don't like anything fried, and even looking at take away fish and chips make me feel ill. I had a pub fish and chips which I used to love but my tummy couldn't take it and had to run to the loo as soon as I got home. It went straight through me!
I can't even look at pies and sausage rolls. I used to love them but they make me feel sick now!

Yes mine have. I am now a lot more adventurous with what I eat, I have cut right back on caffeine & replaced it with water and now anything which has loads of fat or grease turns my stomach & if I eat it I am so ill the next day that I just don't even try anymore.

The biggest change, like a lot of you have just said, is that I can't eat things cooked in fat. I can't stand chip shops anymore, I can't eat things cooked in lard or real oil, like eggs or bacon. I think in Slimming World there's so much focus on cooking things healthily without the use of it, when you see someone frying an egg in oil, it's kind of horrifying. Making all my own lunches/dinners from fresh means that processed food (like shop bought sandwiches, pasties and sausage rolls) just make me ugh now.

I can't say the same about stuff like Indian food. Which although I'm sure uses a lot of oil, the flavours are just so lush, i still crave really flavourful food like that lol.

I always choose diet or no added sugar drinks and red milk.

I don't really like white bread anymore. I used to buy it fresh and eat massive chucks with full fat butter, but since I've started Slimming World I don't even look at it because I know it's proper off limits.

Any ready made sauces etc, like pasta or curry sauce, pretty much steer clear of those.

I find I'm willing to lower my standards in relation to sweet stuff. For instance before diet I hated caramel snack a jacks, and the other day I bought a jumbo pack and they're bloody lush!

I eat fresh meat and fish instead of like, chicken kievs and southern fried fillets.

I think I eat more eggs than ever before........

I didnt used to eat much fruit and veg before but I try and get at least my 5 a day.

I wish I could say I didnt like chocolate or cake anymore but I would be lying. My sweet tooth rules me lol.

x

I love cottage cheese now eat about 2 tubs a week couldn't stand the stuff before

and the same as other have said about brown bread it has so much more flavour x

it's so funny isn't it how your tastes change!

before SW i never really had a sweet tooth, more of a savoury one, but now i crave chocolate a lot more!

Ive found that dairy things taste really unpleasant and buttery now. Alot of high fat foods just dont taste nice anymore. I find that I dont want to eat out because it just doesnt taste fresh lol.

I hate anything fried in loads of oil now, can't eat bacon fat anymore, I actually eat eggs now where as before the thought used to turn my stomach. I cant drink coke anymore it has to be diet, its just so sweet and sticky, I cook everything from scratch, I haven't used a jar or packet sauce in nearly a year and I think twice before I have things like chocolate or crisps.

Same here with bread. I wouldnt even think of eating white bread ever again!
Slimming world chips are so good, easy and cheap i way prefer them to chipshop chips.
Ive never had a sweet tooth too much but now on slimming world i crave chocolate a lot more. I now have an options drink instead.
The biggest change for me is yogurt. Ive always hated the stuff. Even the thought of eating it made me feel sick.
Now i LOVE them. I go into a panic if there are none in the fridge!

I don't think my tastes have changed much but my body can't seem to handle really rich foods anymore. Last month I was in Amsterdam and we had a medium poke of chips drenched in full fat mayo for our dinner one night and I couldn't even finish half of them, my stomach felt horrible! Everything we ate over there made me feel rotten, it was all so heavy and rich. Never thought I would fancy something lighter like a salad for my dinner!

Cant stand whole milk and sugar in my tea or coffee.
Always use Semi or skimmed, and sweeteners

Back