HOW? HOW? HOW?

Fruit breaks down a lot more than vegetables when cooked, the way that this affects the natural fibres and cellulose in fruit is more intense than in vegetables. For example you could eat a lot more stewed rhubarb or apple than you could boiled broccoli, potato or carrots plus you would be increasing your intake of natural sugars if you ate unlimited quantities of these due to the amount you could manage. Restricting juiced, dried or cooked fruits just protects your weight loss.
I would love pitta to be a healthy extra as it's my favourite but I cook it until it's crispy so could definitely manage a few of those whereas I wouldn't eat more than 2 slices of bread. Still the plan's always changing to accommodate improvements, fingers crossed that could be one of them although I'm not holding my breath as I'm not that lucky lol x

Last edited:
thats the thing if i have some stewed apple i will cook one apple just as i would eat one apple i wouldnt sit down and eat more than one at a time ,same as a pitta i would only have one ,but you will get some people who just think ooo free food i can have as much as i want !! ( me included) when i first joined years and years ago ,was told by consultant pile your plate high with free foods and i lost a litle weight for a few weeks then it either stayed the same or i gained and i never cheated ,as why pay all that money out week after week to cheat a bit daft really ,then she would ask what you had to eat that day and if you told her she would give you a filthy look and say well no wonder your not losing weight if you eat all that meat !! and make you feel even worse than before you got on the scales
so have decided sw is not for me

Mmmm....wasn't meant to spark great debate!

Anyway...update from me.

Last night I ate:

Bag of doritoes (hot ones - lush)
Cadbury's Christmas snowman (probably equivalent to dairy milk - lush)
Pack of bacon fries (lush)
Milky way bar (lush)
3 slice of pizza (actually not that lush!)
2 piece of garlic bread (overcooked. Not lush)
1 glass of wine (lush)

And this morning I'd lost 2 pounds!!! Go figure.

I know it will probably show tomorrow, and I'm okay about that 'cos I've had a blow-out and am ready to get on. Today I'm having a green day - have made some leek and potato soup, had 2 weetabix, and will have suitable tea. Tomorrow I'm out for Sunday lunch, so won't be too terrible, but not perfect either. Monday I'm going to start Fast Forward, and by God I'm going to lose at least 3 lbs next week.

I'm also going to do at least 20 mins of exercise a day and I'm going to drink at least 1 1/2 litres of water a day. Watch me!!!

As always, thanks so much for the support each and every one of you.xx

Even athletes and bodybuilders have blow outs, otherwise they too would binge and feel hungry and crave all those things our bodies seem to like but aren't that nutritious...just to put this into perspective...we're just average people and the same principles work for us!

Back