How I could have handled yesterday better

Micci

Gold Member
Oooookay, so I'm ALMOST an ex-binger.

Yesterday was not good, I got really stressed and while clearing up I found a whole bag of vegan fudge I had forgotten about - I ate that - and then had 3/4 of a pack of rich tea biscuits (tbh, that is still an impovement - not to have the whole pack. A pat on the back for me there) and far far too much cereal as well as healthier foods as well.

So here I am making plans for how to handle a bingy day in the future.

Recognising it would have helped, or acknowledging to myself I recognised it as of course I knew what I was doing just didn't want to challenge myself.

I think that telling people in real life around me would help. If I had passed my husband the fudge and said that I was having difficulties with it today just that one action would have changed the course of the day. Trouble was, I was cross with him as well so eating all the goodies was a way of punishing him as well.

Typical huh .. holding onto a grudge damages the grudge holder more than the other ... what a classic example. He didn't even know about the fudge so certainly wasn't hurt.

So what have I learnt from this?

To not hold onto grudges, if I could have said, yes I am cross you've been ill and unable to help maybe I wouldn't have eaten so much. Him being ill and me not being able to cope with the ensuing difficulties is an ongoing complicated issue though ....

And had I still wanted extras I could have talked to my family who want to support me and that would have helped.

Thanks for being here for me while I typed :)

Oooookay, so I'm ALMOST an ex-binger.

Yesterday was not good, I got really stressed and while clearing up I found a whole bag of vegan fudge I had forgotten about - I ate that - and then had 3/4 of a pack of rich tea biscuits (tbh, that is still an impovement - not to have the whole pack. A pat on the back for me there) and far far too much cereal as well as healthier foods as well.

So here I am making plans for how to handle a bingy day in the future.

Recognising it would have helped, or acknowledging to myself I recognised it as of course I knew what I was doing just didn't want to challenge myself.

I think that telling people in real life around me would help. If I had passed my husband the fudge and said that I was having difficulties with it today just that one action would have changed the course of the day. Trouble was, I was cross with him as well so eating all the goodies was a way of punishing him as well.

Typical huh .. holding onto a grudge damages the grudge holder more than the other ... what a classic example. He didn't even know about the fudge so certainly wasn't hurt.

So what have I learnt from this?

To not hold onto grudges, if I could have said, yes I am cross you've been ill and unable to help maybe I wouldn't have eaten so much. Him being ill and me not being able to cope with the ensuing difficulties is an ongoing complicated issue though ....

And had I still wanted extras I could have talked to my family who want to support me and that would have helped.

Thanks for being here for me while I typed :)

Micci - you did really well to stop yourself with the Rich Tea biscuits. You could have eaten the whole lot but you didn't. Yes, you could tell others about your problem but what if you're alone? You showed you are strong enough to stop yourself.

You're right about hurting yourself when you're upset with someone else. It's mad isn't it? - I do the same. Next time, look the fudge in the eye and say to yourself that your not gonna set yourself going. In my case, the first bite is fatal. I have binged only twice in 7 weeks after almost 3 years of constant stuffing but I know I will binge again. The difference is I also know that now I can stop it, whereas before I felt out of control.

Try not to rely on your husband to help you out otherwise you might give in if you're on your own. At least the damn fudge is gone now - don't go back for the Rich Tea!

Pomooky XXX

That's a very good point about not relying on my husband. Thank you. It is a big step for me to say 'I need help' - I have this image of myself always having to be the strong one. Not the image is 100% true.

I like the idea of looking the fudge in the eye :) :)

You have done well, two binges in seven weeks with all that history is great. And to recognise that another one could be on its way but you are no longer powerless in the grip of a binge is very strong. I want to recognise that for myself too. I thought they had just gone away but not so. I too can stop as well.

Thanks again

Micci xxx

Should have had choc digestives lol x

:p SHUT UP :p

I saw the gingers in chocolate an hour ago that I would have prefered ... and left them on the shelf. AND cooked scones for the family and didn't even test the dough. YAY

Micci said:
:p SHUT UP :p

I saw the gingers in chocolate an hour ago that I would have prefered ... and left them on the shelf. AND cooked scones for the family and didn't even test the dough. YAY

Lol.... Well done you ... If I need a biscuit I have rich tea ... Least damaging... Lol... But day 5 over and I'm staying on track.. Well pleased worst bit over X

Lol.... Well done you ... If I need a biscuit I have rich tea ... Least damaging... Lol... But day 5 over and I'm staying on track.. Well pleased worst bit over X

Well done you !!

Back