How important is it having ur partner's support?

No1mumof3...thanks for sharing...glad u had some support...and that ur other half likes parts of you lol. ;)

Soontobeslimmer77 thankyou for your kind words..brought s tear to my eye as i nodded with understanding...heres hoping *

Can I just say, that while the support of your OH is useful, its far from essential to your success. You have to want this and own this for yourself, and be prepared for the fact that at times, OHs may be less than supportive, or thoughtless, so might your friends be. What you can be assured of is support via your group if you join one, and support here. You dont actually NEED any more than that to be successful and dont let an unsupportive OH deter you from achieving the things you want to achieve.

MadameLaMinx said:
Can I just say, that while the support of your OH is useful, its far from essential to your success. You have to want this and own this for yourself, and be prepared for the fact that at times, OHs may be less than supportive, or thoughtless, so might your friends be. What you can be assured of is support via your group if you join one, and support here. You dont actually NEED any more than that to be successful and dont let an unsupportive OH deter you from achieving the things you want to achieve.

So true MLM - it may make it easier having a OH that supportive, but lets face it, long term you need to change your mindset, and thats something only you can do.
Its all very well removing temptation from your house (always easier to accomplish with a supportive family) but that does not teach you coping strategies.
So unless you plan to never go in the local shop, never walk past the chocolate & crisps, never go to a restaurant, or walk down the bread aisle in your local supermarket its actually far more important that you learn to deal with all these things, and make good choices, rather than completely removing the choice.

Back