How important is it to have the week off and follow the low calorie week plan?

April1

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knows how important it is to have the week on low calorie diet plan after 3-4 weeks on total solutions?

I was on lipotrim for 3 weeks (they do not mention having a break of adding extra calories) and then moved onto exante total solutions immediately without a break, I have been on exante for 2 weeks and in total am starting my 6th week on vlcd tomorrow.

I want to know has anybody taken the break eating the extra 200 kcal of conventional food and if so did this impede your weight loss? Or has anybody else not had the break and how did you get on? I have about another 9 weeks on this in total before going onto the stabilising phase.

Thanks x

Hey April - this is a bit of a sore subject going by one of the stickies in the main thread - some people do it - some dont - I did exante last time without a break and was absoultley fine, some say exante have to put it on because your not monitored on this diet by any one, but this time on thursday i added a meal as my fiance read through the exante website and wanted me to do the food week as instructed by the diet themselves, we came to a deal that i would add one meal this week and ill be adding another on thursday as its my birthday, and then i think after that as im coming to the end of my packs ill start my refeed.

Some people have found that the food week has boosted their losses (I lost 3.75lbs this week still with the meal) which is more than last week so it may have boosted mine? I will admit ive been hungry again at night times and wanting a meal but i have stuck it out and not caved and im feeling really proud of myself for it!!

Well done you :)) did you just have 1 meal then rather than the full week? I just don't know what to do. I am hoping to lose another 3lb this week which will mean I've lost 2 stone in 6 weeks & don't want it to affect this for the worse.

I am then hoping to lose a stone in June & another in July then re-feed early August for my holiday mid August and then back on it when I return to lose another 1 1/2 before Xmas .... It seems like ages away ha!

You have done sooo well isn't it your wedding in August? Good luck x

Yep just the 1 meal because I really didn't wanna do the food week either but had to compromise to keep the ball and chain happy!! Haha!

Its entirely up to you, I'd say if you have an health issues or anything then do the food week to ensure you don't affect your health if not then its completely up to you what you chose, it's kind of a good test to see how you cope with food and then go back to the shakes!

Yup it's in August!! Got all the invites written and put in envelopes ready to post there at the weekend.... Now it's seems real!! Haha

Back