How in the world have I gained?

Aria29

I weigh myself each morning, this morning I'm I'm half a pound heavier?! How did that happen ? :( Still determined to stick to out though, just puzzled at the gain. It is my lady week but I'm nearly at the end if that's anything to do it ?

It happens. Time of the month, water retention, your body just balancing out. It I why LL and CD both promote only weighing yourself once a week.

I weigh every day too - just look at the gains as a push to do a little exercise that day. Whatever you do don't fall off the wagon as you will more than likely show a loss tomorrow.

X

Our bodies will naturally retain more water at certain times,you can step on the scales tomorrow and lose 2lbs,the body is an amazing thing.Try not to worry to much,it all works itself out.x

Aria - any chance you could weigh yourself just once a week? Then, you'll have no reason to be demotivated, just focus on sticking with it and you'll get a good result at the end of the week. Good Luck

This is why only weighing weekly is a good thing.
People get so upset if they weigh daily and gain, if you only weighed weekly you'd not see a gain as the weight would even itself out by weigh in day.

Put the scales back in the cupboard and leave them there for at least a week!!!

The physiology of body weight is very complex.

You will just upset and demotivate yourself weighing more often than weekly.

If you stick to Exante properly it will work - honestly! :D

once I have weighed Myself I take the batterys out the scales and then give them to my OH and tell him to hide them, this way I cant weigh myself.

It is very tempting to pop on them when you see them there, and even though it can be really motivating seeing the losses day by day has others have said it can also be really demotivating when you see a little gain has you have found out, try weigh in once or twice a week hun...

And good for you for still being determined to stick to it! thats the spirit :) x

I only weigh once a week and I use Boots' scale, keep the printed receipt and put it on my fridge. Keeps me motivated and an accurate record. xx

mambo.... what are the boots scales like? and how much does it cost to weigh yourself there? I have thought about using them but dont like the thought of every day shoppers in the store walking by and seeing.. x

mambo.... what are the boots scales like? and how much does it cost to weigh yourself there? I have thought about using them but dont like the thought of every day shoppers in the store walking by and seeing.. x

Hi well done on your loss for week 1.......10lbs that's amazing! :)
Boots scales were around 50p last I used them. It is a good idea as for other shoppers nobody looks, they're all usually in their own world.

Oh about the Boots scales- do they speak aloud? Thats a fear of mine! I weigh myself at work each week, I don't have scales at home!

Minimosh I think you should be more worried about all the dancing inboots that you will do each week as you drop weight :)

Weighed myself this morning (will only do weekly now :eek: ) and I'm 2lbs down woohoo! Learnt my lesson now and will only WI weekly.

On another note, does anyone not like the shakes that much? I' ve always thought the exante packs were fine but this morning when having my cool shake I was really struggling to get it down :(

Does anyone also ever make the chocolate one up hot with a bit of coffee or tablet or sweetner ?

Hi Aria, I have all the shakes hot with some granulated sweetner in as i can't get them down cold.
Give it a try you might find it easier x

Back