How long did it take you to drop your first dress size?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by picnic..., 30 October 2008 Social URL.

1. picnic...

picnic... Full Member

Diet:
    W8
    Hi everyone.

The scales are dropping nicely for me and I can feel a difference in my body, but my clothes are not much looser (not surprised, I'm only on day 11), so I'm wondering, how long did it take you to drop your first dress size?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. lynnwilliams

lynnwilliams Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    Taken me 5 weeks to drop a dress size, probably before that. But now i do know..I went in most high street stores and most all did fit;) Best to go trying clothes on that way you will know for sure.

4. *Tia*

*Tia* Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life Total
    3 weeks!! i have lost 1 and half stone and having to go shopping tomorrow to get new jeans/trousers as mine keep falling down!

5. lynnwilliams

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    Yes LS...lol:D
    Instead of being stroppy like i was, hehe.
    All my clothes are falling off me. But i do have a couple of trousers and jeans that i can wear that i have had for years. But i did my a new jackets yesterday...i love it!

I nearly bought a new skirt and jeans and i thought hmm better not i could be wasting my money, might have to bargain hunting in the charity shops or something, not unless anyone has size 18 clothes that they no longer fit and want to sell. Bearing in mind im only 5ft 0..haha

6. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    to start with it took a while like lynn but then it got into about a dress size a month. I've become a real expert at trying things on!
    At the beginning of the summer I was trying on dresses in a size 20 and squeezing into them. Two months later I was trying on the same dress in a 16 and it was too big.
    I find that it stays the same foa a while then all of a sudden I'll drop another size. becaues I can go into any shop now I really enjoy going in and trying things on. Especially the really expensive stuff I have no intention of buying!
    Sit tight and it'll come don't you worry. I was a size 30 and am now a 10/12 so clearly at smoe point my dress size has dropped!

7. SurreySlimmer

SurreySlimmer lovin' it!

Diet:
    LighterLife
    Weirdly in the first 5 weeks the scales were shooting down but I wasn't seeing much of a difference in my clothes. Now, in the last 3 weeks the scales have slowed up but my clothes size is changing on a weekly basis! A pair of pants that fit snuggly 7 days ago are now too big.

8. lynnwilliams

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Allaboutw8
    When its starts happening! You will feel soo different and more confidence, i fele mine is coming back slowly.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.