how long did it take you to get pregnant?

AnnieAnnie

Gold Member
I've reduced my bmi from 40 to 31 & will start ttc at the end of next month. Just wondered how long it took you to get pregnant. I'm 35 so know it can take longer.

First time I was on the pill, had four miscarriages between then and this baby and iv got pcos so irregular cycles but it's took 1-2 cycles each time to actually get pregnant for me so quite quick x

Wow that is quick, my friend with pcos got pregnant twice on first cycle. Sorry to hear about your miscarriages. Have never been on the pill, but that's mad you both conceived whilst on it. Will keep an eye on your diaries to follow your journeys. Good luck x

I was on pill injection solid for 8 years no period at all, came off pill and fell pregnant after 3 months, went back on pill injection solid for 10 months no periods came off and fell pregnant again after 3 months. However, I expected to wait a very long time the first time round and I think I was very lucky to fall pregnant so quickly but it can happen. Good luck x

I got pregnant with my son really quickly like that same month very lucky... It took about 5 months with my daughter I think it's quicker an easier to get pregnant with boys just my opinion tho :)

It took me and my hubby 2 years to get pregnant he is nice and slim but I went from almost 20 stone to 15.9 when for us to conceive! We're only 25 and 26 but suffered a lot of close family deaths as well which I think the stress affected my fertility x x x

Thanks for all your responses, hopefully it won't take too long & I'll be posting on here! Plenty of weight to come off still x

I was 17 stone when we fell pregnant, it took about 3 months from when i stopped my mini pill, not 'trying' just seeing how it went.

Happened a lot faster than i thought it would. Both hubby and I are overweight.

Took us 2 years the first time round with 3 miscarriages

First pregnancy (ectopic pregnancy) took 4.5 years to concieve :(
Second pregnancy took a further 3.5 years to concieve & once again was an ectopic pregnancy (now onto ivf after trying for almost 10 years)
Good luck x

Second pregnancy took a further 3.5 years to concieve & once again was an ectopic pregnancy (now onto ivf after trying for almost 10 years)
Good luck x

Good luck with the IVF, lots of sticky dust for you xx

Lushlash said:
Good luck x

Fingers crossed for you, XXX

We just had our BFP today - first ever one! I came off the pill in December, and AF has been regular for around 3 months, so from coming off pill to falling preggers, probably about 4 months! Was worried it could take ages after being on depo jab then pill for so long, but apparently not! (early days though). Sending lots of baby dust your way xx

Back