How long does it take...

fuzzyduck

To train to become a CDC?

I'm going to ask my CDC this weekend to sponsor me but I was just wondering how long it would take. It will probably take her a couple of weeks to remember to bring the forms anyway :rolleyes:. My BMI is now about 27, is this low enough? I can't remember what criteria I had to hit.

TIA

Niki

Your BMI needs to be 28 or under, so you should be fine. Once your counsellor agrees to sponsor and you both complete and post forms to CD head office, you should receive a letter quite quickly to give you a telephone interview. I had mine yesterday and am going for my training day on the 1st of September.

After the training you are given some test papers to complete and send back. Once they've been marked and you've passed, you will then get accredited and you're ready to go.

Maybe I'll see you on the 1st of September!:D

Thanks Superma, what sort of things do they talk about in the telephone interview? And where are you going for your training day?

Are all the training days in the same place or do they take place all over the country? I'm in Doncaster so quite a long way away from you.

Sorry for the masses of questions...lol

Thanks Superma, what sort of things do they talk about in the telephone interview? And where are you going for your training day?

Are all the training days in the same place or do they take place all over the country? I'm in Doncaster so quite a long way away from you.

Sorry for the masses of questions...lol

Hey - hope I'm not butting in....:rolleyes:

the phone interview is fine....just wanna know YOUR experience of CD....bit about why you want to be a CDC..and check out which of the plans you've used... easy peasy !!

my training was in Kettering...think there are also some in Scotland...but not sure bout other locations...

good luck !

and keep us posted....

love

Debz x

They just ask how long you've been doing CD, how much you've lost, how you will fit it into your life, how you can inspire and help dieters, etc, etc, not daunting at all, more of a chat than an interview.

The training day is held in Kettering, Northants, but they do occasionally do courses in Cardiff and Crawley aswell.

Hope I've answered everthing! Good luck!

Back