How long for ketosis..?

So, im on day 4 and i have been 100%. 4 packs a day no veg (saving for a rainy day) with at least 2l of straight water ever day + shakes made long/black coffee no sugar.

I have read with a jealous face some people being in the groove after 1 day. Guess i just want reassurance it will happen.. I have abaout 3 stone to loose or end of march, which ever comes first.

Thanks

Claire

Hi Claire

It's a biological fact that you will be in ketosis at some point, when that point is does vary quite widely from person to person, you have to work through your stored energy first by clearing through the glycogen. I think the average is around 3 days, but for every average there are the others at each end of the scale and inbetween to make it an average! When I started at the end of September I set what I considered to be a very ambitious target of losing 3 stone by Christmas, I really didn't think I could do that at all, having taken 2 years to lose 2 stone on other plans. I hit 3 stone off on 14th December. It's all so very doable, and I'm sure you'll hit your target before your target date.

Have faith, you're doing great :)

Noodles is right, you will get there at some point.. you can't survive otherwise (in a physiological sense, and hunger sense) haha.

I felt better at day 4, but I think day 5 was the definate breakthrough, so around day 4 or 5..

Keep drinking that water, try and have more some days if you can manage it.. I've found that I don't need to force it down now, I'm naturally thristy and fancy a cool glass of water. :D

Im the same as geegee83 it usualy takes me 4/5 days till Im in ketosis Im always envious of those who get there in less but as the ladies above said you wont be long now x

Back