• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

How long till I get to Ketosis

Hi All,

I have been doing Atkins now for 6 days religiously. I weigh all my salad & veg so I know exactly howmany carbs I am getting, but for some reason I have not got to ketosis yet? Is this normal. I was doing slimming world before this so not sure if gorging myself with pasta and potatoes last week maybe the problem.

Any advise is good!! I have started a diary so you can see exactly what I have eaten and drank :cry:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
you should have got rid of the carbs and be in ketosis by now ........... have you bad breathe , had the flu symptoms , used a ketostix ? keep going ............. any weight loss ? xx

Cinta

Silver Member
S: 11st0lb C: 11st5lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 29.1 Loss: -0st5lb(-3.25%)
It just took me a day this time....have got a thumping headache & ache like bugger. I get a metal/cheddar like taste, weird, I know.
Hope you get the symptoms soon. Good luck :D

chocolatecat

One day at a time :)
S: 16st11lb C: 15st8.5lb G: 11st7lb BMI: 32.3 Loss: 1st2.5lb(7.02%)
I didn't get any symptoms.
I'm on day 5 & I've had a cheeky jump on the scales and have lost 2lbs so far...

I was already eating fairly healthy so I'm not expecting wowser type losses but I'm definitely in ketosis.

Maybe give yourself the full 2 weeks?

Thanks all for your replys. Have woke this morning with a metaliccy taste in my mouth. The ketostix say I have a trace so think I've cracked it. Have felt tired and off colour a few days but so far generally not had any other symptoms!!!

Yeah looking forward to the weight loss now and week 2.

Max

Jools

Gold Member
S: 16st8.0lb C: 16st8.0lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 42.4 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Hun,

You are in ketosis!Isn't that metallicy taste disgusting (but gooood!)

Usually takes me 2 days on Atkins but a good 5 or 6 days when I did cambridge!

Keep up the good work!

xx