How long to get into ketosis?

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
I'm just trying to work out when to start cd - how long does it take to get in to ketosis? I work 12.5hr shifts, I have 2 days off together just after I've met my cdc, would I likely be in ketosis by going back to work on the 3rd day?

It was day 4 for me hun, but imagine it will vary widely. Why not low carb for a couple of days beforehand as this may help when you switch to packs?
xx

It was day 4 for me too, but then I had a last meal that was high in carbs before I started.

It happens more quickly for me - I am in ketosis by the end of day 2.

I take tablets for an underactive thyroid - I don't know if that is an influence or whether I'm just lucky.

Whichever, I have done it so many times now :)sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh::sigh:) that I 'know' when I am 'in'. I am very much hoping that my last experience will be my last.

I feel daft losing weight and then putting on weight again :(. I hate ssing.

Thankfully I have never put back on all of the weight that I lost (3 stones to get me to a right weight) but I 'play about' with a stone or so every few months - it's that sparkling wine, I know it!!

Once I finish ss this time I plan to completely revamp my diet - start making an effort with my diet and to stop 'grazing on the hoof' - that is my downfall. Toast for breakfast (if I get the chance but often nothing at all), the 4.00p.m. stress-induced raid on the tea boat biscuit barrell during the working week and then the sandwich and chips and best part of a bottle of wine in the evening. Not very grown up, is it?! :eek:

Back