How long to people tend to do ss?

CheeseGirl

Gold Member
I'm in week 16 and I'm quite honestly starting to fizzle out a bit. I'm not at goal by any means but I'm considering starting to move up the plans to wean off CD and moving to something like ww or the gi diet + exercise to reach goal with.

It really has nothing to do with food, and I don't mind (and even like some) of the packs but as summer ends my work load has picked up and I'm starting to struggle with my work! I don't have a physical job - I sit at my computer all day - but it does require mental acuity that I seem to be lacking these days. I find myself reading the same sentences over and over and starting at the screen with a total lack of comprehension, and a job that I normally really enjoy is becoming very trying.

Do other people get burned out like this on ss? I don't want to make a mistake and end up not getting to goal if I move to another plan but I can't continue on this way! :(

I agree with Nette. You have done incredibly well to stick to the diet for this long. I am only in my 4th week and struggling quite a bit. Maybe it's time for you to move up a plan or two (not sure how it works) then in a while you can go back to SS. See what your CDC thinks.

You can do it for 12 weeks and then are meant to add some food for a week, and then can continue.

I know the feeling of the fuzzy head and feeling like I'm not able to function, but I've realised it happens when I'm busy and haven't drunk enough water. Dehydration does strange things to the brain!

I personally wouldn't come off - I did LL for 20 weeks, and think I'll be on Cambridge a bit longer than that as I've not lost as quickly as I've been doing SS+ and have just been on holiday. I was so pleased to have actually got to goal last time. I used to tell myself that there were less painful ways to lose weight and had toyed briefly with doing healthy eating and exercise via WW or SW....well, I then told myself that I've done both of them numerous times and never managed to lose weight, so what would be different this time!

It's natural to get a bit jaded with things, but keep going, you'll be so happy you did!

Thanks for the lovely replies. I'm certain it's not lack of water in my case, as even before CD I was drinking 2-3 litres every day and I increased that since starting. I've had 3 ss+ weeks as well, every 5 weeks. Also, my loss for August is lower than expected so I suppose that adds to the frustration of the fuzzy head.

I do intend to stick it out for at least 5 more weeks and then I'll re-evaluate my situation - that is of course unless clients begin complaining that my work is slipping! :)

Back