How long will Fromage Frais keep onced opened?

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Opened a tub of fromage frais yesterday - its in date till july 1st but doesnt say anything about "once opened consume within X amount of days" anyone know? x

I think it's the usual 3-4 days like with yogurts. Not 100% sure though.

What I used to do with jars etc. that I'd opened was to freeze 'portions' of whatever it was, and take it out as needed? If you don't do that, then I agree with Mini- 3-4days max or until it smells 'off'?

Hmmm never thought about freezing it! Theres no way im going to use all of the tub in a few days! Am off to get soem freezing on the go .... lol

I use my little girls weaning pots! Very handy for sauces etc. Ice cube trays will do the same job though!

Ice cube trays!!!! would have never thought of that! lol we do have some little pots so will just use them :)

Fill them, freeze them, then pop the 'blocks' out and bag them, then you can use the pots again. The tricks you learn from having kids eh?! LOL! Glad to be of assistance!

:giggle: thanks irish :) x

It lasts about 5 days - you can taste when it starts to turn - has a 'tang' that wasn't there before. xx

Just checked on the tub to make sure it was ok to freeze and it says 'do not freeze' .... nevermind! lol x

Really? I used to freeze fromage frais & yoghurt regularly for my girls as treats? Strange?...maybe different kinds? Or maybe I did it anyway!

Back