How long?

Pheonix-Rising

Well, im reading as much info as i can, and i'm seeing that a doctor needs to give his signature, for a certain type of ss. I have emailed a counsellor who works from a local wellbeing centre in my town, being a sat I was reluctant to phone. I'm just wondering on average how long the whole process will take from appointment to actually walking out with the packs. I realise january has got to be a hellish time for counsellors to fit everyone in, but what i'm asking I guess is, is there a period where they have to wait for the doctors consent, have an app etc etc before you can actually start?

I'm really just thinking of the time it will take to get an appointment, then the time it will take to get a doctors appointment and finally getting back to seeing counsellor for weigh in and packs?

I dont really want to wait 3 weeks when i feel so hyped up about it now!

Hi there

I think you only need a doctors signature if you plan to do SS and have a BMI of over 40. If you fall into this category you would have to wait until after you have your doctors appointment and have his signature before starting. If your BMI lower than this your CDC will just send them a letter informing them that you are doing SS but they don't require a signature and you should be able to start straight away.

Good luck

xx

Thankyou so much for your replies. I am not on any medication and my BMI is somewhere around 36. Hopefully she will be able to squeeze me in and I can start sooner rather than later :)

Oh and Porgeous, you look fantastic! A real inspiration :)

Thank you! Sounds like you should be able to get started straight away, good luck with it. It can be a rollercoaster of a ride but strap yourself in tight and go for it!

x

Thankyou Porgoeus, I am looking forward to dissasociating myself from food, especially after christmas! I seem to see my time with lipotrim (I lost 2 stone in a month and half but had to stop when I broke up with ex and moved 300 miles lol) through rose tinted glasses, and the longing to feel that way again is nagging at me. I actually remember most the feeling of being 'clean' inside, if you know what I mean, not bogged down with rubbish food. I will look back on this post on day 5 and read it and read it lol

For me it was quite easy! My Dr's have appointments daily (if you phone at 8am) I managed to get my appointment, then I visited my CDC that evening with the golden ticket (doctors signature!) lol

Hope you don't have to wait too long :)

Hugs x x x

Back