How Low is Too Low?

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Squee, 24 November 2011 Social URL.

1. Squee

Squee Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm in Induction. I know that I can have 20g of carbs per day, but I'm averaging about 10. Is that too low? Or am I worrying about nothing?

Also is it normal to be falling asleep all the time?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Start Weight:
    17st8.9lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st6.2lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10.1lb(26.77%)
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    10g is too low - we've had a couple of people try it but doesnt give any weight loss benefit. You should be getting 12-15g of carbs of day from veggies - this helps keep your insides happy too:) so go green!

If you are still in first two weeks then maybe havent got the atkins energy boost - it will come!
    Xx

4. boggins

boggins Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    7st4lb(34.81%)
    Diet:
    Low carb high fat om nom nom
    I was very tired for a while, it passed eventually.

5. Squee

Squee Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think I need to do some better measuring of how many carbs I'm getting - I've just realised I'm probably getting more than 10 but less than 20, but as I'm not measuring things like veg I don't know.
    Also, do you know which is better - Collins Gem Carb Counter or The Brilliant Carbs Counter? I have both but I'm not sure which one to rely on with my measurements. I would use myfitnesspal but I've noticed that their carb counts vary widely for the same product and I noticed one where I had the box in front of me and the one on myfitnesspal was wrong.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.