How many attempts?

agent44

So, I was wondering how many times you've tried to lose weight?

The past few, maybe five years of my life have been mental, runaway husbands, job issues, followed all kinds of trauma and upheaval, moving repeatedly, family problems and goodness knows what else! You could possibly make a Soap Opera of my life. So, all of this time I have been wanting to lose weight and have made several lame attempts, but ultimately my head was never in the right place. I know SW inside out, know it works but have just not had the head space to follow it properly.

Now, things have, touch wood, settled down for me, but I feel embarrassed at my serial failure in the past. I'm just over half way through my first week after rejoining a group and things are going well. Part of me is excited and optimistic but the rest of me is very cynical based on my history.

Is it just me to feel like this? Has anyone else been in a similar situation and got there in the end?

The past few, maybe five years of my life have been mental, runaway husbands, job issues, followed all kinds of trauma and upheaval, moving repeatedly, family problems and goodness knows what else! You could possibly make a Soap Opera of my life. So, all of this time I have been wanting to lose weight and have made several lame attempts, but ultimately my head was never in the right place. I know SW inside out, know it works but have just not had the head space to follow it properly.

Now, things have, touch wood, settled down for me, but I feel embarrassed at my serial failure in the past. I'm just over half way through my first week after rejoining a group and things are going well. Part of me is excited and optimistic but the rest of me is very cynical based on my history.

Is it just me to feel like this? Has anyone else been in a similar situation and got there in the end?
Hi Hun! Know how you feel
spent every Monday morning 'starting again' for the last thirty years! Couldn't hack WW as I could lose lose for two weeks of the month then be starving during PMT 10 days and pile it all back on! Loved Atkins but couldn't afford all the meat!! Started back on SW 4weeks ago but had a week off work last week and sunk enough wine to sink a battleship! Anyway - I'm cracking on in the morning! Dropping my 3 year old at nursery (yeah!) and back on the treadmill! Got 16 pounds til pre pregnancy weight (hopefully by Christmas) then another 1 n a half stone (I don't want to be fat and fifty next year!)
Come on matey if i can do it anyone can!
Sal x

Ah, sorry to hear that the last five years have been so unkind to you. Sounds like it's now time for some "me time" for you - you know this plan works - there's plenty of evidence of that on this website - so .......... put number one first, do this for you and go for it...........
Good luck with your goals

Back