Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

HOW MANY CALORIES ARE YOU ON?

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by TRIVENAM, 31 August 2010 Social URL.

1. TRIVENAM

TRIVENAM Getting there!!!

Start Weight:
    16st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.8lb(5.62%)
    Diet:
    Juice plus shakes
    Hi every1! ive been looking at all the weight loss on here and its amazing!!
    i was trying out cambridge diet but i couldnt get into it or afford it from this week,and i did atkins for 10 weeks and lost 2 stone but got fed up with protein,so now im going to give the normal way a whack,a way i can eat forever!!! ;)

im just starting today and i hvent a clue how many calories to be on or around? some help please! :wave_cry:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xsarahx

xsarahx Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.65%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting
    I am usually on 1200 but have been bad recently so am having a week of 1000. Best thing to do is to Google BMR calculator and see what your BMR is

:)

4. Beki

Beki Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i'm on 1678 a day... am losing around 2lb per week on that and don't feel like i'm being deprived really x

5. RaspberryOatmeal

RaspberryOatmeal Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Calorie counting
    It changes everyday.
    One day, it'll be as low as 1,000, and then next it'll be as high as 2,200 calories (especially on days where I'm very active).

I don't try to stick to a specific number anymore, but I do like to know how many calories I eat a day (OCD thing I guess). Overall, I eat what I want, because I'm trying to maintain my weight at the moment. It's taken me a few weeks to realise that I don't care about losing any more weight, and that I shouldn't be dieting.

6. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(29.7%)
    Diet:
    Myfitnesspal/low carb
    I'm like Marshkipan, I range from about 1000 to 2000 a day, I average about 1300 a day at the end of the week. I do two to three exercise classes a week and lose on average 2lbs a week.

7. Oink!

Oink! Member

I was just thinking about posting this and noticed you already had!

I'm aiming for around 1300 a day, it's only day three for me and doing okay so far!

I think it depends a lot on how much weight you have to lose as to what amount of calories you should aim for.

8. GoGoGadget

GoGoGadget Member

Start Weight:
    15st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(4.13%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/Heathy Eating
    I've just started out and I'm on 1400 x

9. TRIVENAM

TRIVENAM Getting there!!!

Start Weight:
    16st3.8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.8lb(5.62%)
    Diet:
    Juice plus shakes
    thanks for all the replies every1 but ive thought about doing atkins again,it works for me,i think i just got fed up with too much protein,im going to see how i get on for 1 week and if i dont like it ill try cal counting! ;) x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.