how many calories do i need

geordiegirl

well i've just started calorie counting after doing far too many diets that i just can't stick to

i'm 42 , a lady LOL , 5ft 3 and very lazy , i hate exercise , and i'm the heaviest i've ever been at 13 stone 6 lb

i've tried to work my cals per day i need but just got confused , i need help :cry:

any tips would be great

thanks in advance x

mfp is the best. My username is lindylouquinn. Feel free to add me as a friend if you join. You stats are roughly the same as my starting ones so you should prob be on 1200 calories per day. Good luck!!

As a very very rough guide (but you really should get on MFP as it will do all the math for you lol) most people aim for 1200 cals a day (about as low as is healthy) but I always think its best to ease in gently and maybe do two weeks on 1400 first. Those extra 200 cals really do help while your finding your feet.

I also think its best to go gently with the exercise!! I also HATE the gym, aerobics, step, running and all that sweaty horribleness lol. So start by going on a few nice gentle walks. Just to get your body moving a bit again. Then as your diet is getting established and your finding it easier you can experiment to find the exercise that suits you. After years of lapsed gym memberships I've discovered that I actually LIKE swimming!! Never gonna get on a treadmill again lol

Back