How many calories do you all eat?

TracyGWill said:
I think that's a really good idea. :)

I might give it a go :) 1460 is only 260 up anyway so not a great deal more.. and I can always lower the amount to suit my loss anyway.

Sounds good to me :)

I've started high and am just seeing what happens. A few weeks isn't 'wasting time' if it's learning about your body and exercising to improve fitness too. I always think that there's no point trying to lose weight in a mad rush and trying to deprive yourself too much because that doesn't always help in the long run, for me at least.

Rigby said:
Sounds good to me :)

I've started high and am just seeing what happens. A few weeks isn't 'wasting time' if it's learning about your body and exercising to improve fitness too. I always think that there's no point trying to lose weight in a mad rush and trying to deprive yourself too much because that doesn't always help in the long run, for me at least.

I guess to me it feels like I've wasted time, cause in all honesty I have. The past couple of months I've been back and forth various diets & failing at them all and ended up gaining weight rather than losing which is my intention! So I don't wanna waste anymore time gaining weight or staying the same, I need to lose weight now as I'm feeling more & more unhealthy and unfit as the days go on.

I definitely want to do a lot more exercise. I enjoy it and it helps ease anxiety & depression that I suffer with. I'm training for the race for life this July, so following the C210K programme. Along with other cardio work and Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, so think I may need the extra few calories to fuel my body!

I have additional calories as I like my food too much and not fussed about how much I lose as long as it is between 0.5 - 1lb a week I will be happy with that result. I much perfer to be happy then to reduce loads of calories. Is it really healthy to drop below 1200 calories???

claire30 said:
I was going to have 1000 on none exercise days ? ;)

The recommended minimum is 1200, unless you're on a medically supervised VLCD. The tendency is to lose more if you don't drop too low - if you eat less than around 1200 your metabolism slows down and you won't lose weight sustainably. xx

I don't think I'd enjoy being on a huge calorie deficit psychologically either - I don't want my 'diet' to feel like a battle all the time, trying not to be hungry or having to deprive myself of every treat, I just want to make changes to lose weight and then to keep it off :)

newgirl-x said:
I have about 800-1000 but mfp says thats undereating but i find it enough x

I've chosen to change my plan from 1500 cals a day down to 800 a day, so technically VLCD for the time being. I've done this in the past and it's the only thing I was successful with and managed to lose four stone by doing so - only gained some back cause I got piggish and started binge eating! How are you finding 800-1000 a day? Have you lost much? x

I'm on 1400 a day max which mfp says will give me a 1lb a week loss but over a month I average 1.5lb a week with exercise. I tried 1200 & I was just hungry & grumpy all the time!

I stick to between 1400 and 1600 a day and average around 1-2 lb a week loss. I exercise but dont Wat back calories but if I do a lot I will be closer to 1600, if I do less I'm closer to 1400 if that makes sense

I stick to between 1400 and 1600 a day and average around 1-2 lb a week loss. I exercise but dont Wat back calories but if I do a lot I will be closer to 1600, if I do less I'm closer to 1400 if that makes sense
Just wanted to say a huge congratulations! Your weight loss is totally inspiring :)

I am 4 stone down on my heaviest and have always found 1200-1400 cals work for me, it's got to a point now where I don't really need to add them up, I know what I can and can't eat and when I'm being good that is what I do. :) I have gained a stone the last year so need to get my head back in the game for real which is what I'm doing here. :)

JaneN said:
Just wanted to say a huge congratulations! Your weight loss is totally inspiring :)

I am 4 stone down on my heaviest and have always found 1200-1400 cals work for me, it's got to a point now where I don't really need to add them up, I know what I can and can't eat and when I'm being good that is what I do. :) I have gained a stone the last year so need to get my head back in the game for real which is what I'm doing here. :)

Thankyou , I still have 3 stone left to go but I'm determined to yet there, well done for your weightloss and yeah 1200-1400 calories sounds sensible

I tend to stick around 1200 a day, sometimes I have less, sometimes more, it all depends. I've started trying to listen more to what my body wants and when it wants it, and as long as I don't go crazy, I seem to be doing ok. I think my problem is that I get stuck on the idea of breakfast, lunch and dinner, regardless of whether I'm hungry or not, so I'm waiting til I actually feel hungry. Seems to have been working past couple of weeks so I'll stick with that and stick around 1200. :)

Im around 1500-1600 on an average day in my shop job or pottering about at home. 2000 if I'm in my cleaning job. I always have a big breakfast when cleaning because I get so hungry. Other days I have a slim fast.

I always managed to lose around 3lb a week doing this and I'll be doing the same now I'm back on the wagon.

Back