I'm 40 , 5ft 2inch , 14st 13.5lbs

i'm a house mum of 3

I exercise
5x 30 min treadmill
5x 30 min wii just dance
45 min zumba class

weekly

any help on how many calories would be gratefully received Thanx x

on my fitnesspal its says i should be on 1200 too. i am 5ft 1, 40 years old, 10st 3lbs . i exercise about 3 times a week, treadmill for 30 mins, punchbag for 10, and the wii fit in between :) But on Kally calorie bible it says i should be on 1263 :)

I would see how you go at 1500 and then lower that if you need too.

The biggest problem with cal counting is the uncertanty with calories burnt - this is why I ended up getting a ki fit as I can track my cals burnt just as well as my cals eatern.

Good luck with the calorie counting I hope it works for you! :)

What's a ki fit? Thanx cx

Its a device that monitors you calorie expenditure throughout the day so it can tell you how many calories you burn each day. Its not 100% accurate but its much better than using an exercise and bmr calculator.

Its a bit pricey, £100 for the unit and then a £16 a month susbscription - personally I think its worth it for me as I like to be as accurate as possible - slight ocd :eek:

Here is the website for more info ->
Ki Fit

It would be perfect without the subscription - but at the moment only one company produces them (body media) so they can take advantage of the lack of competition. I'm sure other companies will make there own version some time soon.

Can anyone tell me how many calories in a splash of skimmed milk, as in the amount youd put in tea...? Ta muchly x

Thankyou darling :D xx

Your Welcome! :)

I find the tesco grocery shopping website great for looking up calories - as for most foods if you click then they have a page of nutritional info - especially useful if you shop at tescos! I'm sure other supermarkets may have similar systems

*slaps head* of course, why have I never thought of doing that..? I do all my shopping at Tescos - cant believe i never thought of doing that, excellent! :) xx

I find the tesco grocery shopping website great for looking up calories - as for most foods if you click then they have a page of nutritional info - especially useful if you shop at tescos! I'm sure other supermarkets may have similar systems

Great idea :)

Back