Brand new focus - 64lb gone...... 46lb to go.......

Hi,

So Iv not been on here for a few weeks as I fell off the wagon just before New Year and Im not even sure why to be honest!! I think I was a bit too hasty to give up and although I jumped ship to the cambridge diet for a few days, I quickly realised it wasnt for me. But what really made it hit home that healthy eating/slimming world and exercise was the right plan for me was by reading some one elses story on here. This particular person lost an incredible amount of weight with calorie counting and exercise and reached his goal in reasonable time just by sticking to his plan and for some reason his story has just stuck with me since the moment I read it, very inspirational!! Im not here for a quick fix, I just want the weight off and if that takes me a while then so be it, after all it didnt get into my body over night, it took a while to get in this mess!!

xx

Last edited:
Quick update...... Iv really struggled this week to get on plan due to this awful migraine that iv had for over a week now :( However I have still watched what iv eaten, just not been to the gym or done much activity at all unfortunately :( Im quite eager to get back on plan though so I hope this migraine passes really soon!! :( xx

Glad to say my migraine episode appears to of totally passed now :) My diet is going great, averaging 1500 with out exercise. I have not been to the gym for a few weeks now but will be back to it Monday as I want to make sure I am completely better. These last few weeks have really taken it out of me as I think i had a bug as well as my usual migraine as i was really unwell for 2 weeks :( But onwards and upwards :) Im looking forward to weighing in on Friday and although iv not been to the gym im hopeful of a little loss as my last weigh in was about 2 weeks ago and iv been good with my calories :)

Roll on Friday :) x

Last edited:
Looks like your doing really well, im here to subscribe :) x

Thank you, I really appreciate your support :) Im still going strong Im pleased to say, but not yet managed to get to the gym for weigh in but I will in the morning and cant wait :) I most definately feel smaller this last week so Im hopeful of a reasonable loss but dont want to get my hopes up! My clothes are fitting looser so I must be doing something right :)

Sarah x

Good morning all,

I finally managed to get weighed today and I lost 4lb So Im pleased with that :) That leaves me with 61lb to go!!! Slowly getting there, I remember very well when I had 110lb to go!!

xx

Well done u :) I wish u the best of luck with ur journey. I lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years for my wedding which was 10 weeks ago and I did reach my target but I gained 13lbs during honeymoon and there after, I have lost 3lbs of that so far so I have 10 lbs to go. Not going back to where I was ever so here's hoping. I'm gonna try Calorie counting for the first time ever.

Well done u :) I wish u the best of luck with ur journey. I lost a lot of weight over the past 2 years for my wedding which was 10 weeks ago and I did reach my target but I gained 13lbs during honeymoon and there after, I have lost 3lbs of that so far so I have 10 lbs to go. Not going back to where I was ever so here's hoping. I'm gonna try Calorie counting for the first time ever.

Thank you! Congratulations on your wedding and for reaching your goal for it, thats fab! A little gain is ok for honeymoon :) and its great that you are now back on track and getting those few pounds back off, ul soon do it im sure :) You are already 3lb closer so well done :) How did you loose the weight for your wedding? x

Mainly I calorie counted and did low carb. I found that a good way to keep the weight down and I was very happy with the result. So here I go again. Had an awesome day today so here's hoping Mondays weigh in will show another pound or two gone :) let's do this and do it well :) x

Mainly I calorie counted and did low carb. I found that a good way to keep the weight down and I was very happy with the result. So here I go again. Had an awesome day today so here's hoping Mondays weigh in will show another pound or two gone :) let's do this and do it well :) x

Yeah we've got this :) Iv just started cutting my carbs too as I did that before with great results and Iv found that weightloss is really difficult since I relaxed the lower carbs a few months back. So im too hoping for a good loss on my next weigh in :) Good luck for your weigh in on monday, I cant wait to see how uv done :) x

Yeah me too. I do find low carb is bril. Like today I had porridge for brekkie and that will be my carb intake for the day. Tomorro will be the exact same and then il go carb free either Saturday or Sunday :) I actually find the weekends easier coz I'm not as busy so I can plan and be careful. During the week is my crazy time so I'm just picking randomly and that's when the damage happens

Subscribing, good luck!

Thank you Sam :) It looks like you are doing a pretty good job!! So close to your goal now :) Well done! x

Latest update....

Not really too much to report to be honest. I have been loosely following Slimming World at home for the last few weeks as I have found reducing my carbs triggered a migraine so I realise now how important it is for me to stay consistant with my eating. I of course love the structure of SW and Im managing to plan my meals better.

On the down side, my migraine meds have changed again and I am now back on my original meds which caused me a 10lb weight gain in fluid retention the first time round (which I lost as soon as I came off them), and it has done the same this time too :( Really disappointed with that as I feels its a real set back for me. However, Im determined to not let that get me down and Im more determined than ever to get this weight off me. So thats me now at 15st .5lb / 210.5lb = 63.5lb left to lose!!

I joined a SW meeting last week for added support and assistance. Everyone was really lovely and welcoming, and my consultant was fab! I loved hearing her story as it showed just how tough it is for everyone, including the consultant, very inspirational! :)

So, as I am no longer counting calories, I will see if I can have my diary moved to slimming world - which means leaving you lovely lot :( However I will of course still pop by to see how you are all getting on and I hope to see you pop by to SW for a nosey too :)

Thank you to you all for your fab support so far, your all amazing!! :) xxx

I lost 2lb this week :)

So I had this weeks weigh in and I was shocked to learn Id GAINED 1lb! Shocked! I was so good last week, was 100% so I really didnt expect it but then I realised.......

* I had drank 3 litres of water on weigh day but only spent a penny 3 times, little tiddles at that! So Im guessing Im dehydrated.
* I have some fluid retention due to hormones :(
* It should be my star week. I say should be as for the last year I have been having an injection that puts me through a medically induced menopause, so Iv had no cycle for that time. However the injections finished 4 weeks ago, making weigh day my star due date......but it may take a while for my body to settle back into a natural cycle so anything can happen lol

So Im not going to dwell on it as I know its nothing I can help. Im in a brand new week and Im very focused :) Im also getting lots of walking in as my car is broken, again!! :(

My SWC suggested I log everything the old fashioned way, as I currently do it all online, so thats what Im doing this week. So far, its a great week :)

B - 2x wheatabix - HexB with skimmed milk from my 350ml HexA allowence, the rest is for tea :)
L - Batchelors pasta in sauce with a side salad followed by a weightwatchers yogurt.
D - Large salad with boiled egg, ham and home made potato wedges, dry baked with a fruit salad and WW yogurt to follow.
Snacks - Small banana, apple, kiwi

Im not likely to use my syns today, but thats just how it is but at least I know they are there if I want them.

Iv also been invited to join our social team so that was good :) I observed the weigh ins this week and so it was lovely to get to chat with everyone as Im quite new to my meeting so I wasnt sure how everyone would be with me, but it was great :)

Here's to a fab week and a great loss as Im expecting a good one this week, Iv set this weeks goal at 3lb :eek: x

Yay 3lb off this week :)

WOW-Another 3.5lb off this week and slimmer of the week :) Well chuffed xx

Hi Slimmers :)

Firstly, big sorry for not being on here much lately, I have had so much going on lately with work and things, but I have stayed on plan :) Im currently 14st 5lb / 201lb so now over half way to my total target and 2 stone 1lb off my interim target of 12st 4 - my lowest weight as an adult :)

I am currently helping my friend on his 'couch to 5km' journey as he signed up to a fun run in July, but he is a big guy and dont do any form of fitness what so ever so I am his motivation to get him running 3 days a week. I must admit, he is doing amazing and Im so proud of him!! We are currently week 3, we have a run planned tonight and another on sunday and then its on to week 4 :) I will keep you all updated with our progress :)

Im now going to have a little catch up on the threads to see how everyone is getting on :) xxx

Back