How many calories per day?

Pink_Fluff

Chocoholic
Just wondering how many calories people consume per day on slimfast?
I started yesterday and managed 930cals (had a very light dinner) but today had 1113cals (bigger dinner plus snacks). I used to be constantly snacking so I want to retrain myself to not need snacks. Yesterday I didn't feel like having an afternoon snack so my calorie intake was very low. Should I be snacking for the sake of snacking? Also does my evening meal have to be 600 calories? Today I had 560 cals including my dessert but yesterday I had a very filling dinner and dessert which was only 425cals. I'm worried I'm going to gain weight from not eating enough because my body will be in starvation mode.
What does everyone else do?

i'm worried about the starvation mode thingy too! I've just swapped from cal counting to slim fast just as an experiment to see which i lose more weight on/to mix things up a bit...

On calorie counting I try not to have the same amount of cals or the same thing to eat every day...I read that if you mix it up you're body wont get complacent and the weight loss should keep coming....

so when im cal counting I have anything from 1000-1500cals / day, but I try not to drop lower than the 1000 because of the starvation mode thing. It's been working so far as I lost 5lbs in the first week (and before I joined minimins I lost 2lbs, then 4lbs in consecutive weeks cal counting).

On Slim fast my cals are probably going to come to around 1200cals/day, in this way:

*Shake / meal bar for brekkie

*Shake for dinner

*500cal meal for tea - making sure I fill up on veg and salads

*3 100 cal "snacks" - i try not to think of it as "snacking" but more as eating something to boost the metabolism! and keep it ticking over! "snacking" sounds negative doesnt it??

I did SF a few years ago and lost around 3 stone, and for my 100cals "eats" then I'd have things like Mullerlight yogurts, hot chocolate drinks and mouses, but its a fab way of getting in your five-a-day which will leave you feeling revived too!

So you could try and introduce orange juice, smoothies, apples, grapes, oranges, strawberries, salads, veg as your 100 cal snacks??

Good luck xxxx

I'm going to try and have fruit and veg snacks. I tend to eat when I'm bored which isn't good! I was worried about the amont of calories as I seem to be fluxuating between days, I'm trying to stay below 1200 though. I think you are right about 'snacking' being negative, I don't want to snack and I guess if I just think about it as topping up on fuel to keep my metabolism going it's not so bad.
I think there is such a temptation to cut out the snacks because thats less calories but I will try my best to have at least one a day.
I'm also confused whether dessert counts as part of the 600cal meal or if it is another extra 100 on top?

I'm also confused whether dessert counts as part of the 600cal meal or if it is another extra 100 on top?

My dinner is usually only ever about 300-450 cals so I usually have a pud (muller light or something) too and just count that in with my dinner.

Slimfast is based on 1340 a day if you eat all your calories lol! I always try to eat at least 1200 as don't want to go into starvation mode!

Hi I wondered if I can have some advise please, I have been doing sf for a few weeks and I had lost 8lbs but have just put on 2lb. I am eating between 1200-1400 cals a day so wondered if i was doing something wrong. I am enjoying doing sf and thought it was working well for me as I am hardly ever hungry now but I don't want to gain weight.

Hi Seasons, sorry if this is personal, but it is your time of the month?? body weight can fluctuate anything from 0lbs-7lbs at TOTM??

Also, I sometimes put on weight (quite alot at times - anything upto 4lbs) when i havent been drinking enough water and my body holds onto what water it HAS got (water retention) so i feel bloated and weigh more??

Stick with it hun, especially if you enjoy doing it, dont give up yet, leave it at least a week and weigh again and then decide

xxxx

Thank you for your advice,

It is not totm. But it might be water retention as I know I do not always drink enough. I will weigh myself again end of next week. I just can't believe how much I am letting putting on weight bug me, but i will not give up.

thanks again

Back