How many calories should I be taking in?

Yasmine

One last chance
I'm on the Lipotrim diet and have nearly lost my 5th stone. I'll be refeeding soon and will start to learn how to maintain my target weight of 140lbs (10st).

I'm a 17 year old female, my height is 5ft 6inch.

I know that teenagers and adults have different calorie needs so I'm quite confused.

hi yasmine,

well done on your fab weightloss so far - you've done fantastically! to be honest i dont really know much about getting into refeeding, but there is a subforum for lipotrim on here which has thread specifically for this, so if you repost there you will no doubt be inundated with posts from people who've been where you are now. you'll get plenty of support there too! when you know more about what you should be taking in then the calorie counting subforum will be great to keep your motivation up!!

good luck hun, and keep it up - you should be very proud of yourself.

hi yasmine,

well done on your fab weightloss so far - you've done fantastically! to be honest i dont really know much about getting into refeeding, but there is a subforum for lipotrim on here which has thread specifically for this, so if you repost there you will no doubt be inundated with posts from people who've been where you are now. you'll get plenty of support there too! when you know more about what you should be taking in then the calorie counting subforum will be great to keep your motivation up!!

good luck hun, and keep it up - you should be very proud of yourself.
Thanks very much Rhuba, I am on that section. It's not the refeeding that I'm concerned with, it's when I leave Lipotrim and begin the start of my new life and start eating.

I want to start calorie counting, I feel this way I won't feel restricted you see.

I want to start calorie counting, I feel this way I won't feel restricted you see.

Good idea, at least until you feel confident.

A calculator is here which will work out how many calories you need based on your activity levels, age, height and weight.

Well done for the 'nearly' 5 stone :clap: and especially for thinking about how you will keep it that way :)

A calculator is here which will work out how many calories you need based on your activity levels, age, height and weight.

Well done for the 'nearly' 5 stone :clap: and especially for thinking about how you will keep it that way :)
Thanks very much for the site and compliment :).

Do you allow yourself to have the highest amount of calories or do you restrict yourself? just wondering :)

I THINK, and from what i have read/ spoken to ppl about,

start off low cals, i think ur refeed will also start u off on very little food. gradually increasing. u may still loose weight at this stage. then add maybe 200 cals extra a week for a few weeks , gradually u will find that u ill find a cal level that will maintain ur weight.

By the way great site! and your pic looks amazing!

Thanks very much for the site and compliment :).

Do you allow yourself to have the highest amount of calories or do you restrict yourself? just wondering :)

It depends what level of calories you finish LT on. Just say you finish on 1500 without a gain, then I would move onto 1600 for a few days or a week (or even 2)..then 1700 etc Push it as far as you can go. The higher the calories for the day, the more your metabolism rise, but of course, you need to get a balance. If at the end of the week (or two), there is a gain...drop it a little.

Remember that if you have been eating low carb and haven't raised it much during the refeed, you may have a glycogen gain, so include complex carbs gradually rather than have a nervous breakdown and reduce calories. :)

By the way great site! and your pic looks amazing!

Thankyou Yasmine :)

I THINK, and from what i have read/ spoken to ppl about,

start off low cals, i think ur refeed will also start u off on very little food. gradually increasing. u may still loose weight at this stage. then add maybe 200 cals extra a week for a few weeks , gradually u will find that u ill find a cal level that will maintain ur weight.
Yeah I will be eating insanely little on refeed, from what I've read. Thanks for that :), I'll keep that in mind.

It depends what level of calories you finish LT on. Just say you finish on 1500 without a gain, then I would move onto 1600 for a few days or a week (or even 2)..then 1700 etc Push it as far as you can go. The higher the calories for the day, the more your metabolism rise, but of course, you need to get a balance. If at the end of the week (or two), there is a gain...drop it a little.

Remember that if you have been eating low carb and haven't raised it much during the refeed, you may have a glycogen gain, so include complex carbs gradually rather than have a nervous breakdown and reduce calories. :)

Thankyou Yasmine :)
Oh god, the last thing I want is water gain.

What are complex carbs? I mean I love my carbs, bread, pasta, rice, you name it, I love it :D LOL

Gonna have to be careful though I bet. What do you think I should do?

Back