How many "diets" have we all tried??

skyegirl

Ok, just out of interest, how many diets have you all tried and how successful were they ? Here's my lot......

Slimming club magazine (club) : starting weight 10st 7lb lost 2st aged 16
Same club (aged 18) 10st 2lb lost 2 st

Got really fat at 20 and stayed that way until I was 26

Weight watchers (aged 26) 14st lost 5 and a half st maintained till aged 31
Atkins aged 35 11st 7lb lost 3st maintained for 4 years
various diets since all without much success
Xenical....and loving it

In between all these I tried slimfast (yuk) cambridge diet (starving) some nasty amphetemine drugs from a clinic (worked but made me hyper and gave me a bit of a racing heart) fibre bulking pills, kelp pills plenty of other herbal diet stuff.
God only knows how much I have spent over the years..

I went on my first diet when I was 12 :(
I joined Slimming World after I had my first baby ( so that would be nearly 14 years ago). Bounced between SW and WW for a few years, but always did well on SW. Thing was I never changed my lifestyle, and I'd lose a couple of stone, get bored, old eating habits would creep back in and before I knew it, I was even heavier than when I started ( or restarted :rolleyes:). In my early twenties I also tried Slim Fast
I got referred to Weight Management at Glasgow Royal Infirmary ( with the intention of going for WLS ), after a year of attending Weight Management my GP finally agreed to me trying Xenical, and apart from a small blimp this year when I lost 2 close members of my family, I've not looked back :) I've also done Rosemary Conley ( which I did really enjoy, unfortunately it was when I was on RC I had the blip)
xx

Slimming magazine club when i was 16, lost about 2 stone

Rosemary Connelly about age 23, lost about 3 stone

Dabbled with Adios tablets somewhere along the way.

Slimming world about 6 years ago, lost 3 stone prior to falling pregnant.

Tried Cambridge a couple of years back, lost 13 lbs in a week but couldnt stick to it.

Tried reductil briefly but it messed with my head.

Back to slimming world last july, still attending and nearly 4 stone lighter (with the added assistance of xenical since May)

I think I have tried nearly all diets. Feel like I have been on a diet all my life

Snap, I also feel like I've been on a "diet" all my life, my mother put me on a diet at 11 and at 12 she introduced me to the Cambridge diet, horrific I know, but she meant well and she was a nurse, hence I have spent my entire life feeling fat or struggling to stay slim. My sister once told me I had to love my body whatever weight I was, which is fine but she was always slim and could lose 7lb over night just with worry (me, no such luck!!) The thing is I wasn't a particulary fat kid compared to kids now but I was bigger than most and at aged 11 I was the tallest in my class, unfortunately that was it, I never grew again, when I left at 16 I was the smallest but by no means the largest, but years of being told "don't eat that, it'll make you fat" took its toll. So here I am 30 odd years later and still facing my demons that are extra pounds.
I must say today I have not been good, eaten a little too much and had a few vodka's (hope it doesn't show, I often suffer with insomnia so thats why I'm up late...honest) and still trying to battle the weight demons.

here we go then!!

Calorie counting around 11 - 12 years old...didnt loose much! I wanted to eat what every one esle ate an also my mothers only means of cooking was a deep fat fryer! Well it felt that way at least ha!

weight watchers and slimming worldbetween the ages of 13 - 17 never lost much, well not enought to notice any way!

Tried lighterlife at 18.... lost 12lb in first week then was tooo starving to stick to it and came of after 3 weeks having put weight on in wk 2 and 3 hahah

Did weight watchers again at 19 lost about 3 stones and got down to a size 12 the lowest i have ever been in my life! ( ive mentioned before that i was a size 12 when i was in 3 year of junior school!! arrrgh!
Round about the time i lost the weight with weight watchers i also had a tiny obsession with laxatives

...... OI I WASNT FINISHED!!!!!!!!

....which was not good and messed u my bowel movements!

Anyway over time its slowly creaped back on and i have thrown 2 pregnancies in just for measure! (Which i ate for mummy daddy and both babies all the way through!!) And i have tried and failed sw and ww many times ever since!

So all in all i have only been successfull at dieting once in my entire life and even then i was cheating an put my health at risk by takin laxatives too! It does show that it doesnt work cos as soon as i stopped i put it all back on!!

All that in 24 years! It makes me feel quite proud that i am acctually doing things correct this time round!

OMG im getting soooo depressed writing this hehe

I dunno about any one else but i was always finding excuses to come of the diets i was on or gave up too easily when i was nt seening mega fast results! I almost gave up on xenical earier this year as i only lost 6lbs in my first 5-6 months. But i assesed the situation and sorted my self out! I actually dont think i would be at the stage i am now with my weight loss with out minis! I think they should invest in a little advertising as i know lots of people who would find the support here so useful!

Well done minis! wooooooooooooop

luv katie

ps sorry for babbling again, its just ive got cebeebies on and it soooooooo boring lol

Back