How many dress sizes?...

looby1003

Hi everyone. Been feeling bit down today (mainly tiredness) so thought I'd keep my motivation up by browsing dresses on Debenhams website and I've ended up buying one lol :D. I've bought it for when me and hubby go away for 1 night in December for my birthday and our wedding anniversary. It's a gorgeous dress, but the onlything is, they only had size 16 left. I'm about a 20 at the moment (bottom half anyway, I'm classic pear shape). I just thought, sod it, I'm going to order it anyway and try and get into it by December....Am I being over optomistic here though? If I lose 2.5 stone by then (including what I've already lost) do you think theres a chance it will fit or am I being crazy lol...:crazy: How many dress sizes have you dropped?
Sorry for all the questions lol. Well it will be a big incentive for me (but a waste of money if i never get into it :eek:)
Lou xx

I think you will get into that by then huni no problem!! xx

its def do-able i went from 20 to a mostly 16 in 2 stone (6 weeks)

im a pear too.. big hips :)

I reckon that you'll do it easily, in any event of course you are going to wear that dress x

I think thats doable everyones different but i was told a stone is generally a dress size, i was a very tight 14/ small 16 and nearly and im now comfortable in a 12 i've lost just under 2 stone so its about right. fingers crossed for ya x

Thanks ladies-thats just what I wanted to hear :D:D:D Feeling more confident about getting in it now. I can't wait for it to arrive!. I hope I don't have too many more "down" days though...it's going to cost me a fortune lol.
Thanks ladies..you're all great :D
lou xx

I'm a bit late on the up take here but I'll add my 2 cents anyway! I definitely think you can do it in that time, make sure you post pics when you wear it :) xxx

Thanks alot Lois. Feeling quite positive that I'll get into it now (and if not, theres always BIG knickers lol). Its been about 4 years since i was a size 16 so I will be chuffed to bits to get there again. I'll definately post some pics :)
Lou xx

If you lose 2 and a half stone by then, you will certainly be a 16 if not a 14! I know that everyone is different, but roughly for each stone lost, you can lose 1 dress size,

Clair x

Thanks alot Lois. Feeling quite positive that I'll get into it now (and if not, theres always BIG knickers lol). Its been about 4 years since i was a size 16 so I will be chuffed to bits to get there again. I'll definately post some pics :)
Lou xx

Alternatively wrap yourself in cling film and sit in a warm room the night before, that'll do it! Ha ha xx

Hey, you wanna hope it's not too big before you get chance to wear it!! You might have to get hubby to take you out for a special night out to wear it before you go away.... oh & then of course he'll need to buy you a new dress to wear to replace the too big one!! :)

Alternatively wrap yourself in cling film and sit in a warm room the night before, that'll do it! Ha ha xx

LOL That reminds of the film Full Monty when the chubby one did that lmao. I'd better stock up on cling film just in case :D

Oooh I hope so Claire...I can't remember the last time I was a size 14. That would be the best christmas present ever for me :)

From a size 20 to 16 most definitely possible between now and Dec. It might actually be too big for you by then . . . but I bet that wouldn't upset you. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow, Looby!

You will definitely be a 16 (or smaller!) by then!! I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 (and can fit into 12's, just not 'comfortably' yet!) in just under a 3 stone loss. I think by the time I get to goal, which will be a 4 stone loss, I'll have lost 3 sizes.

Thanks Slaney and Sweetie (Missed your post earlier). If anything, it may be too big on top, I often have that problem due to my BIG bum lol. But the dress is so lovely (and not too expensive) so I'd probably get it altered. Just hope I can squeeze my bum into it lol....
Thanks again ladies
Lou xx

Back