How many dress sizes?...

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by looby1003, 13 October 2010 Social URL.

1. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Hi everyone. Been feeling bit down today (mainly tiredness) so thought I'd keep my motivation up by browsing dresses on Debenhams website and I've ended up buying one lol :D. I've bought it for when me and hubby go away for 1 night in December for my birthday and our wedding anniversary. It's a gorgeous dress, but the onlything is, they only had size 16 left. I'm about a 20 at the moment (bottom half anyway, I'm classic pear shape). I just thought, sod it, I'm going to order it anyway and try and get into it by December....Am I being over optomistic here though? If I lose 2.5 stone by then (including what I've already lost) do you think theres a chance it will fit or am I being crazy lol...:crazy: How many dress sizes have you dropped?
    Sorry for all the questions lol. Well it will be a big incentive for me (but a waste of money if i never get into it :eek:)
    Lou xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Daisy1966

Daisy1966 Gold Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I think you will get into that by then huni no problem!! xx

4. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    its def do-able i went from 20 to a mostly 16 in 2 stone (6 weeks)

5. missy3

missy3 starving!

Start Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st8.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    im a pear too.. big hips :)

6. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    I reckon that you'll do it easily, in any event of course you are going to wear that dress x

7. lou1

lou1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I think thats doable everyones different but i was told a stone is generally a dress size, i was a very tight 14/ small 16 and nearly and im now comfortable in a 12 i've lost just under 2 stone so its about right. fingers crossed for ya x

8. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Thanks ladies-thats just what I wanted to hear :D:D:D Feeling more confident about getting in it now. I can't wait for it to arrive!. I hope I don't have too many more "down" days though...it's going to cost me a fortune lol.
    Thanks ladies..you're all great :D
    lou xx

9. batlo8

batlo8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.92%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I'm a bit late on the up take here but I'll add my 2 cents anyway! I definitely think you can do it in that time, make sure you post pics when you wear it :) xxx

10. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Thanks alot Lois. Feeling quite positive that I'll get into it now (and if not, theres always BIG knickers lol). Its been about 4 years since i was a size 16 so I will be chuffed to bits to get there again. I'll definately post some pics :)
    Lou xx

11. CHARLEYSANGEL

CHARLEYSANGEL Silver Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim,now maintaining!
    If you lose 2 and a half stone by then, you will certainly be a 16 if not a 14! I know that everyone is different, but roughly for each stone lost, you can lose 1 dress size,

Clair x

12. batlo8

batlo8 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(9.92%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    Alternatively wrap yourself in cling film and sit in a warm room the night before, that'll do it! Ha ha xx

13. sweetie darling

sweetie darling Eye on the prize...

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Hey, you wanna hope it's not too big before you get chance to wear it!! You might have to get hubby to take you out for a special night out to wear it before you go away.... oh & then of course he'll need to buy you a new dress to wear to replace the too big one!! :)

14. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    LOL That reminds of the film Full Monty when the chubby one did that lmao. I'd better stock up on cling film just in case :D

Oooh I hope so Claire...I can't remember the last time I was a size 14. That would be the best christmas present ever for me :)

15. Slaney

Slaney Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.29%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    From a size 20 to 16 most definitely possible between now and Dec. It might actually be too big for you by then . . . but I bet that wouldn't upset you. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow, Looby!

16. LincsBren

LincsBren Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.41%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS from April
    You will definitely be a 16 (or smaller!) by then!! I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 (and can fit into 12's, just not 'comfortably' yet!) in just under a 3 stone loss. I think by the time I get to goal, which will be a 4 stone loss, I'll have lost 3 sizes.

17. looby1003

looby1003 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Thanks Slaney and Sweetie (Missed your post earlier). If anything, it may be too big on top, I often have that problem due to my BIG bum lol. But the dress is so lovely (and not too expensive) so I'd probably get it altered. Just hope I can squeeze my bum into it lol....
    Thanks again ladies
    Lou xx

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. sweetie darling

sweetie darling Eye on the prize...

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    And if all else fails, spanx, spanx, spanx!!! :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.