How many Eggs???

miss jelly tot

CWP Consultant
Hi, I know they are free but can I really eat as many eggs as what I like? I can't get my head around this:confused: So it means I could have e.g scrambled eggs for breakfast, omlette for lunch and quiche for dinner and snack on a cake made with eggs? That means I could (although I wont) have around 6 a day or 42 a week!:eek: Wouldn't that effect losses? Thanks

In theory you can eat as many eggs as you physically can! Although not sure your body wouldn't get somewhat bored!

Eat away!

It has been said that eggs don't cause cholestrol problems now and we can eat them all the time, before that it was said to stick to 4/5 a week.

I have 6 chickens so I always have lots of fresh free range eggs so I always have eggs for breakfast - I love eggs no matter how they are cooked except fried in fat of course.

So enjoy your eggs...

I suppose I have around 6 a week. Oh Donnie, SO lucky having hens! When I retire I fancy having a few. I only buy eggs from farm shops, the supermarket ones don't taste of anything.

I eat about 4 per day,so around 2 dozen per week,dont know what effect they would have on me,think it depends whose opinions you believe.Will get a cholesterol check though.

Well... I hope they are ALWAYS free!! LOL!! I eat loads and probably wouldn't cope so well if I had to limit the amount I eat!!

My dad has 10 hens so we always have loads of eggs so I eat them like they are going out of fashion! My favourite has got to be scrambled eggs (3!) with chopped tomatoes (uncooked with pepper) and scallions (spring onion also uncooked). If on a red day I have ham or bacon too. Its so filling and lovely! x

I know it probably isnt the right way to look at it, but I feel i used to eat so much crap, that even if u have 20 eggs a week, it in no ways compares to what i used to eat. I eat so much healthy thanks to this diet. Just an opinion lol.

i love eggs, i'll be eating about 4 today! Boiling up some now for egg in a cup, and then will be making an egg fried rice for tea :)

I eat eat eggs for breakfast every day as I just love eggs especially with having my own chickens - I know exactly where the eggs have come from (LOL) and how old they are...

I take a cholestrol tablet daily anyway so they probably don't affect me that much, but as I lose my weight I am hoping that I may be able to ditch the tablets as I suffer with arthritis and take enough prescribed medication as it is, so to lose one tablet a day would be good.

Judimac having chickens is great, they are my pets and have a good run in the back garden, it is so pleasant and relaxing to hear them clucking away to themselves, and they all have names to too.

Thank you all. It funny how different people have been told different things. I love eggs (unfortunatly no chickens though, lucky people) so will carry on as I am doing.

Big eggy eaters must watch the old cholestrol, although they are free they come with a SW caution on quantity.

Phil x

Last edited:
mm eggs eggs eggs.. i love, omlettes, syn free pancakes.. poached scrambled 'fried'.. the lot! ... my brother has 4 hens, so we get loads of eggs. They'r fab.. and almost glow in the dark with goodness haha x

To be fair, if you think about anything too much.. anything could cause you damage.. even thinking too much :O eek! lol x

Back