How many Muller Lights is OK? In a day?

Just wondering really, how many is ok, is 3 a day too many? It is easy to have one for breakfast, lunch and dessert after main meal. Just thinking maybe this is too many? Thanks, Kayte.
Yuk! used to eat them years ago but my tastes have obviously changed cos they dont seem to have any taste any more(mind you I used to love the blackcurrant one which has been discontinued for years!)Anything low fat has loads of sugar in so common sense tells you that cutting them down can only help your weightloss.These days I would rather gave a smaller amount of full fat greek yogurt with soft fruit in-much tastier and better for you!
Sal x

I think they are filling especially if you have them with fruit, sometimes its nice to round off a meal with a 'dessert' so muller lights are as good as anything, I guess we all eat things that are 'empty calories' but eating is isn't just about fuel its about pleasure and taste as well.

I agree if you're losing weight ok and only eating them because you're hungry and not just because you can then keep going, free is free :) that's the plan

Well, I agree on this, enjoyment from food is important too, and having one after a main meal finishes it off nicely. I don't see it as 'empty calories' at all.

I would suggest having fat free greek yogurt and use cinnamon, nutmeg or similar spice to flavour it and add fruit to sweeten. I think theres loads of sugar in one Muller light and having 3 will make it about 45g of sugar.

Ive eaten them in the past but ive learnt from then and i have fat free greek yogurt, 1 tsp cinnamon and a chooped banana mixed in.

It is free on the slimming world plan so i guess the choice is yours and if you are still having losses every week then stick with what you know.

Thanks, I will try the fat free greek yog too.

Mullerlight 91 calories x 3 = 273 calories.That is nearly a whole meals worth of calories.You add 100 calories of more superfree to each of your 3 meals then you would find you don't need a yoghurt.How much more superfree could you add to your meal to make you feel more fuller.I have read on here people eating yoghurt and fruit for breakfast then an hour or two later they are hungry.I've also seen on here people eating 500 grams of yoghurt and still could eat more.You get enough calcium from green veg and protein from meat.There is nothing in them to make you feel full.If they do make you feel full you must have a small stomach.

Having dessert is a habit we have come accustomed to.:)

Thank you for your thoughts on this, I can't help but notice how many times you have referred to 'calories' - and yes, all foods have them - but it just sounds like it's moving away from the SW model of food optimising, and getting hung up on calorie counting instead? Guess I was putting my trust in the plan, and if SW think they are ok for 'free' food, then we go with that. I actually incorporate a lot of super free, and often still need a little dessert to make me feel good and not deprived - something else we want to avoid. I know, I asked the question......

No not all fat fee yoghurts are syn free, you will need to check the syn value as some are very high in sugar and consequently high in syns!

Does it depend on what plan you are on? I am on original and not sure if fat free natural yogurt or fat free muller lights are free to eat on that plan?

Would you consider changing to a different brand of yogurt instead? Because of cost I swapped to Danone 0% fat yogurts, they are free too. But they are more than half the calories of a muller light. They have 30g less per pot, but tbh I dont notice when mixed with fruit. Might give you the dessert feel without adding too many extra calories.

Mullerlight 91 calories x 3 = 273 calories.That is nearly a whole meals worth of calories.You add 100 calories of more superfree to each of your 3 meals then you would find you don't need a yoghurt.How much more superfree could you add to your meal to make you feel more fuller.I have read on here people eating yoghurt and fruit for breakfast then an hour or two later they are hungry.I've also seen on here people eating 500 grams of yoghurt and still could eat more.You get enough calcium from green veg and protein from meat.There is nothing in them to make you feel full.If they do make you feel full you must have a small stomach.

Having dessert is a habit we have come accustomed to.
:)

Yes, and it's a habit I fully intend to continue! Let's face it, most of us follow eating patterns that vary enormously from typical eating patterns of, say, 50 years ago and that is through habit.
I'd rather have 3 mullers a day than eat all this fake food that some SW members seem so keen on- like smash pizza, couscous cake and magic porridge pancakes etc!

In the early days of my weight loss campaign I was eating 2-3 Mullers per day and it became clear that my weight loss was really suffering because of it. I cut them down to 1 a day and my losses really picked up. So for me, yes 3 was definitely too many. I fyou're not happy with the rate of your losses I would definitely cut them down.

Yes, and it's a habit I fully intend to continue! Let's face it, most of us follow eating patterns that vary enormously from typical eating patterns of, say, 50 years ago and that is through habit.
I'd rather have 3 mullers a day than eat all this fake food that some SW members seem so keen on- like smash pizza, couscous cake and magic porridge pancakes etc!

this made me laugh!

*like*

couscous cake and smash pizza ive heard of but not the porridge pancakes..:confused: i think thats weird, even for sw.lol

im also not liking the 'calories' trend through this thread.

xxxx

Exactly, they still have calories in them even though they're "free"!

Yes, I agree. But by them being free, it means people are more likely to snack on these than on something with much higher calories, but just as sweet. I try to seriously ration mug shots.

I could eat ten mug shots a day, no problem. But if I did i wouldnt lose weight, i would gain. So i only have them now and then

Thank you for your thoughts on this, I can't help but notice how many times you have referred to 'calories' - and yes, all foods have them - but it just sounds like it's moving away from the SW model of food optimising, and getting hung up on calorie counting instead? Guess I was putting my trust in the plan, and if SW think they are ok for 'free' food, then we go with that. I actually incorporate a lot of super free, and often still need a little dessert to make me feel good and not deprived - something else we want to avoid. I know, I asked the question......

The whole plan is based on calories, it just hides it for you. The plan is good and worth committing yourself to it, but the equation is simple. If you consume more calories than you burn you will not lose weight. Following SW diet properly makes it quite tricky to do that. But the difference between losing one pound a week and staying the same is 500 calories a day. That equates to a couple of mugshots, or five muller lights.

It's possible to over consume on plan, but we are all different, and the closer we get to targets the harder it becomes.

I couldn't do this diet without muller lights.

most I've eaten in one day is three, two most days, but then i have a break. it's never affected my weight loss, maybe i'd lose a bit more every week if i didn't eat so much of some key free stuff that i love...but that's not what Extra Easy is about. I am thinknig of following the red plan after weigh in tuesday for a bit, as I think i'm ready now to try a bit harder :)

Back