How many people get their 5 a day?

Aaron123

Hey all.

Was just wondering.

With WW saying to get 5 a day, how many of us actually manage it? I personally do most of the time but have problems now and again especially when money is tight lol.

Cheers

Aaron

hey i manage it most days but i love fruit, grudge pointing it though! lol and bulk up most meals with free veg. I agree though it can be expensive i'm always looking for the woopsies! lol xx

I do!! I actually plan my veg first then think of what to eat with it. LOVE veggies, especially roasted!

yep, I do, I should do tho cause I am a veggie! It is expensive tho, no doubt about that - you don't get as many offers on the healthy stuff as you do the packets of biscuits etc etc - for example I went shopping the other day and got a multi-pack of hula hoops for the kids pack up, 18pk for £2, yet bought two mangoes for a £1 each, you couldn't make 2 mangoes feed 18 people could you!! IT's wrong really, esp. as everyone preaches about eating healthy you'd think the shops would make it easier too! (rant over lol)

Have you got a Lidl or Aldi near you. i picked up a bag of apples and a bag of oranges for 84p for the two. Sainsbury's are doing bags of carrots for 30p Kiwis for 49p for 6. Iceland frozen fruit and veg are cheap too xx

l must admit lm a bit of a fruit monster:eek: l just love it .always looking out for offers l eat a lot of frozen veg really bulk my meals up with them :D

im gonna start making smoothies i think. because i really do not get enough fruit and vegies anymore, i started off really good but the past few weeks have been awful! have planned the next three days though and included veg and stuff :)

I only usually have one portion of fruit a day, and sometimes none. But I have piles and piles of veg everyday, I would often have tomatoes or mushrooms on toast for brekkie, a large salad for lunch, and have 2 or 3 different portions of veg with my dinner. I often have tomatoes on toast again later in the eve. Mind you, technically tomato is a fruit, isn't it lol!

I think it might be because tomatoes are generally not as high in sugar as fruit is.

I really dont get enough of either but im trying to remedy that. Also trying to find ways to get my daughter to eat it too. (shes 2 and a half)

I dont manage 5 a day.. well very rarely do i.. I probably do about 2-3 a day.
I'm quite lucky though as my kids really like fruit and veg, they plenty though.

good way to get kids to eat fruit is get lots of different fruits and make fruity kebabs and they chose what goes on the kebab etc apparently makes it fun for them, or making smiley faces on the plates etc

good way to get kids to eat fruit is get lots of different fruits and make fruity kebabs and they chose what goes on the kebab etc apparently makes it fun for them, or making smiley faces on the plates etc

Yep ive done that before too.

My kids love to dip bite sized bits of strawberrys and grapes into petit filous.

My 18 month old has an obsession with [STRIKE]peas[/STRIKE] "balls" lol. He will quite happily sit there polishing off a bowl full.

I make jelly and add the fruits too. The marks and spencers one with the raspberries in is delicious! mmmm

They also love to make their own pizzas and decorate with what they like which is fun and they enjoy eating it cos they made it :)

Back