How many sticks of celery can I have a day on SS?

onefatmama

Hi,

Im still really struggling with constipation:(, I've tried different laxatives, but nothing, apart from pain:(

Can I eat celery and how many sticks a day to help with lack of fibre whilst on SS?

Thanks

ofm x

AFAIK you can`t have anything but the CD products on SS.

I`m not sure if you can have any on SS+ but on 810 plan you can have 3 tbsp of certain vegetables (Inc Celery)

HTH

LiSe x

AFAIK you can`t have anything but the CD products on SS.

I`m not sure if you can have any on SS+ but on 810 plan you can have 3 tbsp of certain vegetables (Inc Celery)

HTH

LiSe x

oh pants, I did'nt think it would be a problem as it contains only a couple of kcals.
Need something though as this fibre 89 etc don't do anything.

ofm x

I've been advised that peppermint tea can help. Mint is a natural laxative so it kinda makes sense.

oh pants, I did'nt think it would be a problem as it contains only a couple of kcals.
Need something though as this fibre 89 etc don't do anything.

ofm x
It isn`t the cals you need to worry about, It`s the carbs x

I've been advised that peppermint tea can help. Mint is a natural laxative so it kinda makes sense.

When I had my operation I was givne Peppermint Tea to help with digestion

It isn`t the cals you need to worry about, It`s the carbs x

Hi

I found this info, it might help :)

Carbs in celery
There is, according to size or quantity:
approx 1 carb in 1 ounce or 28g of celery
approx 0.6 carbs in 1 small stalk of celery (about 5" long)
approx 1 carb in 1 medium stalk (about 7" to 8" long)
approx 2 carbs in 1 large stalk of celery (11" to 12 " long)
approx 3. 4 carbs in 1 cup of chopped celery (about 3.6 oz or 102g).

Debs

Hi

I found this info, it might help :)

Carbs in celery
There is, according to size or quantity:
approx 1 carb in 1 ounce or 28g of celery
approx 0.6 carbs in 1 small stalk of celery (about 5" long)
approx 1 carb in 1 medium stalk (about 7" to 8" long)
approx 2 carbs in 1 large stalk of celery (11" to 12 " long)
approx 3. 4 carbs in 1 cup of chopped celery (about 3.6 oz or 102g).

Debs

I know there isn`t tons hence they`re allowed on 810 plan, But you can`t have many. But I don`t know if they`re allowed on SS+ - Definately not allowed on SS :)

Hi

I am not sure but i wouldnt think it would be enough to kick someone out of ketosis if it was just a couple of sticks.

I am moving up to SS+ possibly 810 after my weigh in tomo, SS has made me feel really light headed and i need to have a clear head for my exams at college. Everyones different tho and i take my hat off to those who can SS without any glitches.

Debs

You can have celery on SS+, no probs. It would be 2 tablespoons if that was the only veg you chose. Guess that's one to two stalks.

But, I wouldn't think the celery would help the constipation if the laxatives weren't working?

Is it that they didn't work, or that you keep getting it again?

You know the fibre89 isn't a laxative and shouldn't be taken if you are constipated? Just checking, cos it can make things worse if you are constipated

So, how much of the fibre89 were you taking? We you 'clear' before you started taking it? Is it that you are constipated, or that you keep getting constipated? What did you try?

Ahhh, questions, questions :D

Back