how many syns do u have a day?

Im on 15 syns per day but have a super sweet tooth and im struggling i tend to end up having 20plus or 15 atleast. This is the start of my third week, ive lost a pound each of the last 2 weeks.
How can i sort out my syns?

The consultant at our meeting recommended getting a bar of dairymilk and melting it in the micro then dip strawberries, grapes or pineapple in it and leave to set then you can make your chocolate go a lot further and might help with the sweet tooth xxx

I try to stick to 10 syns a day but sometimes have around 12 and some times I don't really have any. . . and there's always the odd day where I go way over! :p

I've been having them syn free shape zero yoghurts through out the day when I need a sweet fix. I also have the frozen ww eclairs. They take 20 mins to defrost so I get one out before I have my dinner and have it for pud. I won't eat the whole box then as in the time it's take for another one to defrost I'd start feeling guilty! ;) They're about 4 syns.

Oh and them skinny cow double choc lollies - WOW! 4.5 syns too :)

Im the same as above, i aim for 10 syns sometimes i do none and sometimes i do 20!! Its good for some people to work them out weekly so 15 x 7days = 105 syns so that from weigh day they can just take off however many they have each day.

I would recommend substituting for low syns ie for a sweet tooth, muller light yoghurts, Fat free fromage frais with white chocolate options mixed in for 2.5 syns each, mikados 0.5 syns each, fun size chocolate bars. Alpen light bars 2 for a HEB.

Hope this helps xx

Do you find you still lose if you have 15 syns each day? I re started SW last week and have been trying to stick to 10 or less, and getting in a fluster if I don't! ;) xx

Princessrose, maybe you could try alternating your 'sweet' days so that you have about 10 syns every other day and 20 every other day! Or if you find you're maintaining a 1lb per week loss and are happy with that (remember that's nearly 4 stone in a year!) then continue what you're doing and if you find you're not happy with your losses, try cutting back a bit by doing the alternate thing or trying to fill up with more free/superfree foods which will maybe curb your cravings for the sweeter things in life (which is really the whole idea of food optimising)! Have you seen/got the SW desserts book? There are some great recipes for sweet things in there! The magazine has lovely ideas too!X

The hardest thing about sticking to any plan is feeling deprived.

I have 12 to 15 syns everyday and have had a steady weight loss (not counting august school holidays no sleep no chance).

Search the site for recipes that use little syns and lots of free food two of my favourites are bread pudding ( 1 healthy extra b box and 2 syns) and sugar free jelly 2 syns for the whole thing serve with squirty cream or mix with muller lights to make moose.

Make a list of lots of low syn treats and try to eat lots of superfree foods to keep you full.

If your loosing at the moment and happy would be better to make small changes now so your weight loss doesn't stick.

good luck

I'm new to SW but I try to stick to 10 syns or less a day. Although some days its more and some days its less. I have decided that one night a week I will have a take away so that I don't feel like I am starving myself for one. Otherwise I will just crave it.

xx

xx

like many others i aim for 10 syns aday but sometimes have 14....sometimes 6.....but over the week it usually comes between 70-80 if i add them up.

I've just got myself a notebook so I can jot it all down as I go :)

I probably average around 10, but some days it's a lot less (today I have only had 1/2!) and some days I have gone up to 15 but I try not to go over (but I know it's not the end of the world if I do because I am under most days). I think that just knowing they are there helps - I know I can go and eat that Kit Kat or whatever, so it doesn't hold any power over me!

Because i'm a lard-ar*e and got such a huge amount to lose i'm allowed 20 a day, but usually come in around the 15 mark

I started sw this week and my c told us to use our 15 syns or we wont loose the weight!
but i am finding it hard as it means eating alot of food!!

I really don't understand how that is even true? But someone else might know more :confused:

I thought eating syns was about helping you to "stay on the diet wagon" and making you feel like you're not missing out on anything. I understand how under-eating can stall weightloss due to your body going in to starvation mode... but I don't think my 9 syn glass of wine I had yesterday is actually HELPING me lose weight.... I'd like to believe it was but I don't think that's true! :p

It depends what you're using your syns on. If it's chocolate, then there are plenty of low-syn alternatives like milky way bars or those Skinny Cow chocolate ice lollies are gorgeous, both less than 5 syns. My mum makes chickpea or couscous cake which are ALMOST as good as the real thing and are fairly low syn. If you're happy with losing 1 pound a week that's fine, but if you want to speed up your weight loss you have to cut down on the syns! I aim for 70 a week and vary between 8 and 12 a day.
Try keeping a food diary so you can keep note of everything you eat - the official SW ones have a little face at the end of the day where you can fill in a smile or a sad face, and the thought of drawing a sad face on my sheet which is in a communal kitchen stops me overeating! But that could just be because I'm a bit of a child, but maybe it could work for you? :)

I have about 10 to 15. I eat 'good' throughout the day and then have my treats on an evening, its working for me and I have had a good weight loss.

I try to make sure that I don't spend any syns on real food. That way I still have 15 syns for treats in the evening when I'm watching T.V. Curly Wurlys (6 syns) and Chewits (whole packet for 5.5 syns) are good for satisfying my sweet tooth!!

My C has advised if we are on EE we should have no more than 10 - i seem to go over by anything up to 2.5 but i still lost 5lbs in the first week so i'm figuring to keep it below 15 and i should be alright ?

Hi
my old C always said no more than 70 syns per wk for optimum weight loss......so have tried(and failed a fair few times) to stick to this.Will see what my new C says about this as i seem to be really struggling to get past 2.5 stone, have taken the same half stone on and off at least 6 times this year grrrrrrrrr!!

Jo x

Back