How many syns do you usually use per day?

HealthKickFin

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and on my second day of slimming world. I can't go to meetings as I work away in different locations all week so it is impossible but I would love to gain the same support.

I just wondered how many syns you guys use per day? It recommends 5-15 however should you always stick to anywhere between that or try and be as low as possible? e.g. is it acceptable to use all 15 per day and would you still lose at the same rate?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

Hiya, I always have over 10 syns a day and have lost 2st 8.5lbs. I find if I restrict my syns I don't have great losses so I normally try to go as close to the 15 as I can xx

Hi, I average around 12 a day and then have a few left over for that extra glass of wine :party0036:

Thanks both thats great - I used 13 yesterday and the full 15 today. Can't wait to weigh in next week to see how it has worked so far....

At the beginning of this diet I would recommend you have as close to the 15 per day that you can. Cutting back at the start doesn't work and has the opposite effect. If you stick to the plan you should lose weight. As time goes by if your weight loss stalls or you are close to target and find your weight loss slows, you can look at cutting back on portion sizes and cutting back to say 10 syns per day. Hope that helps. :D

I mainly go on how I feel. If I fancy some chocolate or a beer after tea then I will use more syns but if I'm not too hungry ill just make sure I use my 5. Listen to your body but make sure you don't feel too deprived :)

Thanks guys! I have gone over by a few on two days this week so hoping it won't effect anything. Will see Thursday morning! Fingers crossed!

I am fairly new on SW too (only day 2) and I have to say with everything you can eat, I am struggling to get syns in ..... If i am honest alcohol is likely to be my synnage, and I usually only have that at the weekend (unless it's a particularly hard week! With everything I am eating, it feels almost crazy to then eat more to increase my syns! Have you guys felt the same?

I am fairly new on SW too (only day 2) and I have to say with everything you can eat, I am struggling to get syns in ..... If i am honest alcohol is likely to be my synnage, and I usually only have that at the weekend (unless it's a particularly hard week! With everything I am eating, it feels almost crazy to then eat more to increase my syns! Have you guys felt the same?

Hi kfowler87, I always get my syns in because I'm a self confessed chocoholic! I just have to have something sweet and I usually leave it till after dinner and have something small like a freddo. I eat out a lot too with work so use my syns for oil. I've been told you should use the, though, minimum of 5 a day to get some fat into your diet. X

Hi kfowler87, I always get my syns in because I'm a self confessed chocoholic! I just have to have something sweet and I usually leave it till after dinner and have something small like a freddo. I eat out a lot too with work so use my syns for oil. I've been told you should use the, though, minimum of 5 a day to get some fat into your diet. X

See I think that's where I am a little lucky as I don't have a sweet tooth.....anything else however I am game :) thanks for the advice I will make sure I get in a minimum of 5 .... Though had to have a lunch out at work today so I am sure that's not a problem today :/ x

Back