How many syns should I be having a day?

Josiecat

Silver Member
I am doing SW online and following EE most days, although trying to have some red days too.
The website says to have between 5 and 15 a day. I have 2 stone to lose, am currently 11 stone 1.
Should I be aiming to keep it at 5 to lose weight?
Thank you :character00255:

5 is too restrictive as a limit every day.

The syns are an integral part of the plan and if you restrict the syns too far, it can actually hinder your weight loss. I know people who have done that, then increased their syns and actually lost more! It's not like WW points where you can have better losses by having less, and they're not linked to starting weights, or how much you want to lose. So enjoy your syns!!

Most consultants will advise you to aim for around 10 syns a day. Some days you will find you have less, and others more, but by aiming for 10 you should come in about right.

i tried having between 5 and 8 a day and maintained. then the following week i had 12 - 15 syns a day and lost 3.5lbs.

i would start with 10-15 a day, then if your losses slow you could reduce them a little.

My consultant recommends 10. This works for me. As you don't have too much to lose personally I would try stick round 10 but no big deal taking it to 15 if you need to :)

I think you could try having 10 Mon. to Fri. and 15 Sat. and Sun.

Back