How much activity are you doing?

misswee

Hi everyone, I was wondering how much activity you are all doing and how much you have increased your activity over the time you have been on LL?

I'm on my third week and have been wearing my pedometer since I was given it at the start of week 2. It turned out that in my normal daily routine I do around 10,000 steps anyway. So I guess I need to go over and above that to make a difference.
But over the weekend I did about 15,000 steps both days and I have been sooooo tired every since!!

hi
im not doing too well.
a normal work day only involves about 5000 steps. i have gone for a few walks, but never got to the 10000 yet.
i have been swimming x3 a week so i suppose that is something.
daisy x

I went swimming too but with the diet and the chlorine ended up with the worst dry skin on my face I have ever seen.... I looked like I had been badly sunburned in the winter!
so I haven't been back to the pool since last Thursday and that is my skin just clearing up now after putting about 6 different kinds of products on it a day!

I don't drive so I have the advantage of getting to walk about a bit more and the bus fares have just gone again in my town to a point where I can't justify the cost of getting the bus 10 mins up the road! That is the only reason I am making 10,000 steps a day.

I will try swimming again soon, it really did feel like it was doing something for me.

I go on the cross trainer at home for 30 mins a few times a week, i'm training for the race for life and I do a few aerobics/cardio classes a week xXx

I did nothing apart from my usual day for the first 12 weeks, I wore my pedometer and I averaged around 7500 steps a day so not too bad really.

Last week and this week I have been doing a combination of walking and running home from work (approx. 5 miles) and on the weekends I try and do at least 1 hour a day of walking/running regardless of how far I actually go.

When I tried walking/running in my second week, after 20 minutes I felt like falling asleep in the steet.

Now in week 14, I feel fantastic when I run :)
Riding a bike is still really hard though, espeically on the legs, which sucks as I love my bike! lol

So don't go overboard to begin with, but once you are into the groove of it and dropping weight, you can do more than you think :)

i still find it hard to do too much, but i do swim when i can face it, its just so cold in the changing rooms of my gym i dont go as often as i should, i have also stopped using my car so much, walk to work every day etc. im really looking forward to the warmer weather so i can motivate myself to do more and shift my last 2 stone x

I'm hoping I will have the energy to do a lot more over time. I guess you have to build it up? warmer weather will def help!

Wait.. you guys got given a pedometer? We were told in our group that LL used to give out freebies like that, but don't any more. :(:(

I have been cycling twice a week, for about 1hr total (though it's to & from LL meets so there's a break in between). I also dont have a car so I tend to walk to the shops etc. I do want to start cycling to my nearest town though, about 10mins cycle away (involving a Huuuuuuge steep hill I struggled with even when I was doing 90mins a day cycling!).

I think it's about finding a level of exercise your body is happy with to be honest, and then gradually increasing it. But don't overload your body, a few people have said they lose less because their body goes into retaining everything it can if they overdo it.

PB, I was given a free bag, pedometer, electric hand whisk and water bottle along with my binder/books and information booklets.

Far as I know, everyone should get that?

Wait.. you guys got given a pedometer? We were told in our group that LL used to give out freebies like that, but don't any more. :(:(

I have been cycling twice a week, for about 1hr total (though it's to & from LL meets so there's a break in between). I also dont have a car so I tend to walk to the shops etc. I do want to start cycling to my nearest town though, about 10mins cycle away (involving a Huuuuuuge steep hill I struggled with even when I was doing 90mins a day cycling!).

I think it's about finding a level of exercise your body is happy with to be honest, and then gradually increasing it. But don't overload your body, a few people have said they lose less because their body goes into retaining everything it can if they overdo it.

Really?? it even says in your foundation book that you will get a pedometer in week 2! Infact my LLC even said the pedometer she gave us each was 'the new kind' LL give out, I would question that... poss with head office!

well done, on the cycling! My work is hopefully going to jioning the bike to work scheme soon so will be able to buy a good bike through them cheaply. Hopefully that will happen in the spring.

Yes I have sent an email to head office about it! Boo to my LLC (not that impressed anyway). LLC said that the books just hadn't been updated yet to say that they didn't give freebies out.

Well done on the 10,000 steps a day cos that is what your target should be anyway! Woo go you!

Yes I have sent an email to head office about it! Boo to my LLC (not that impressed anyway). LLC said that the books just hadn't been updated yet to say that they didn't give freebies out.

Well done on the 10,000 steps a day cos that is what your target should be anyway! Woo go you!

I didn't get a handwhisk like Pete but I got everything else he mentioned, free bag, waterbottle/mixing bottle, free pedometer and a lighterlife pencil to write in the books week to week, I guess it's a pencil so you can rub out and fill in again.

I was surprised to learn that my normal routine covered the 10,000 steps... but as I have been doing that for ages anyway I'm tinking I need to increae t because my body is clearly used to the 10,000 steps.

Only the men get a hand whisk!

B x

Being a teacher has its advantages, i get to walk around my classrooms, but its awful in general i have not exercised properly at all, just dont have energy at the moment

Originally Posted by bekimo
Only the men get a hand whisk!

Huseyin said:
Most LLC's are female, in my case she just fell to my charms :cool:

My LLC is male..............
but what can I say, I'm a charming guy ;)

LOL :rotflmao:

heheh!!

Yeah we got the bag thing and the mixer flask, I guess the minimum we need. Anyways. I shall survive.

Hi
I'm due my 3rd weigh in today
Apart from first 4 days I have still being goiung to the gym 3 times a week and doing spinn classes
Yesterday I went out for my first bike ride and did 28 miles at 14.1 mph which is not bad
Energy levels were lower than normal but thats to be expected as not taking the fuel on board so I just dropped the intensity from normal
Doesnt help on hills though as you still have to get up them
Cheers
James

I've started 'deep water aqua' and general swimming, up to now I only increased walking. I'm on week 10 so I thought I'd better up the exercise to shift those subborn bits!!!! lol!

Back