Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

how much bread?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating Forum' started by angel_uk, 22 June 2011 Social URL.

1. angel_uk

angel_uk Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating with calorie/amount watch and exercise.everything in moderation.
    Right so Im reading food diaries here and getting worried I eat too much bread.
    first thing i rarely eat white bread. and secondly I mostly buy polish bread which is different than ones sold in the supermarket. last week we bought bread that had two flours in-rye and wheat one.
    I never go over 2 pieces a day but seeing how you all cut it down im thinking weekly i eat loads of it dont i?
    Im not much of a salad eater and those two slices for lunch is what i have along with a yoghurt and fruit,sometimes a cereal bar.

so im asking how much bread do you eat weekly and what do you consider healthy amount?
    thanks

Last edited: 22 June 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Caz

Caz Slimming down the aisle

Start Weight:
    19st1.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.7lb(3.25%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting / SML / Orlistat
    Personally, next to none. It's so many calories for so little that I generally don't bother! Bread is my major weakness so easier to stay away! There isn't really a healthy or unhealthy amount, it's fitting it in with your diet and as long as you're not eating a loaf a day I'm sure it's fine! Just make sure it's wholemeal/wholegrain if you want healthy versions!

4. angel_uk

angel_uk Full Member

Diet:
    Healthy eating with calorie/amount watch and exercise.everything in moderation.
    Well its my lunch really as i have cereal in the morning and no snacks.two slices of bread and a yogurt after should b ok calorie wise.
    So maybe its not too bad. What does others think?

5. SilverSlimmer

SilverSlimmer Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    11st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.2lb(13.62%)
    I decided I couldn't stand salads anymore for lunch so I have 2 slices of WW Malted Danish each day to make a sandwich. It suits me and I don't think it is too indulgent.

SilverS

6. LuhLuhLoser

LuhLuhLoser 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    If it's something you enjoy then I wouldn't cut it out of your diet completely. I don't know much about polish bread but I do think wholegrain is a healthier option. I'm not a huge fan of wholegrain bread though so I tend to either use lower calorie white bread, warburtons sandwich thins (100 calorie and very naughty tasting!) or pitta bread/wraps. Hope that's some help! :)

7. AuntyPasty

AuntyPasty Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    3st0lb(16.22%)
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    for me; i knew it was where a lot of my weight gain or lack of weight loss was so saddly i only eat one slice a week! but you may find that there is something else in your diet that prevents you lossing weight like pasta or potatoes it just a case of working it out x x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.