• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

how much bread?

Right so Im reading food diaries here and getting worried I eat too much bread.
first thing i rarely eat white bread. and secondly I mostly buy polish bread which is different than ones sold in the supermarket. last week we bought bread that had two flours in-rye and wheat one.
I never go over 2 pieces a day but seeing how you all cut it down im thinking weekly i eat loads of it dont i?
Im not much of a salad eater and those two slices for lunch is what i have along with a yoghurt and fruit,sometimes a cereal bar.

so im asking how much bread do you eat weekly and what do you consider healthy amount?
thanks

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Last edited:

Caz

Slimming down the aisle
S: 19st1.5lb C: 18st6.8lb G: 13st0lb BMI: 38.2 Loss: 0st8.7lb(3.25%)
Personally, next to none. It's so many calories for so little that I generally don't bother! Bread is my major weakness so easier to stay away! There isn't really a healthy or unhealthy amount, it's fitting it in with your diet and as long as you're not eating a loaf a day I'm sure it's fine! Just make sure it's wholemeal/wholegrain if you want healthy versions!

Well its my lunch really as i have cereal in the morning and no snacks.two slices of bread and a yogurt after should b ok calorie wise.
So maybe its not too bad. What does others think?

S: 13st3lb C: 11st5.8lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 28.3 Loss: 1st11.2lb(13.62%)
I decided I couldn't stand salads anymore for lunch so I have 2 slices of WW Malted Danish each day to make a sandwich. It suits me and I don't think it is too indulgent.

SilverS

LuhLuhLoser

4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.
S: 15st9.0lb C: 12st5lb G: 10st7.0lb BMI: 34.9 Loss: 3st4lb(21%)
If it's something you enjoy then I wouldn't cut it out of your diet completely. I don't know much about polish bread but I do think wholegrain is a healthier option. I'm not a huge fan of wholegrain bread though so I tend to either use lower calorie white bread, warburtons sandwich thins (100 calorie and very naughty tasting!) or pitta bread/wraps. Hope that's some help! :)

AuntyPasty

S: 18st7lb C: 15st7lb G: 8st10lb Loss: 3st0lb(16.22%)
for me; i knew it was where a lot of my weight gain or lack of weight loss was so saddly i only eat one slice a week! but you may find that there is something else in your diet that prevents you lossing weight like pasta or potatoes it just a case of working it out x x