how much damage can a cuppa do ?

dani*r

hi i started ss yesterday , mid morning today i had a massive headache and was feeling really rough.
had a cuppa with a smidge of skimmed milk, and i mean a smidge, just cant drink black tea.
the carb content for skimmed milk is approx 10g per 200ml, so will 2-3 cups a day with a drop in make any difference to ss ?
i really really hope not as my headache has gone completley and i feel great again, not even hungry yet so am going to try and save my soup lunch for later in afternoon.

A cuppa will do no damage at all. really dont worry about it. I spent a few months on CD last year and lost 5 stone in 4 months. I never gave up my milk in tea and coffee. I would say as long as you are not drinking gallons of it a day youll be fine.

hi i started ss yesterday , mid morning today i had a massive headache and was feeling really rough.
had a cuppa with a smidge of skimmed milk, and i mean a smidge, just cant drink black tea.
the carb content for skimmed milk is approx 10g per 200ml, so will 2-3 cups a day with a drop in make any difference to ss ?
i really really hope not as my headache has gone completley and i feel great again, not even hungry yet so am going to try and save my soup lunch for later in afternoon.

Hi dani, the problem here is that your only on day 2 and your trying to adapt the plan to suit yourself already, this does not bode well, it starts with a little bit here and a little bit there and next thing ya know you may as well not have started in the first place. Take some painkillers if you've got a headache, or just train yourself to drink the tea black, it will be worth it in the end...How much do you wish to lose, and in what time period ??

Won't be a problem at all. After all SS+ allows 200ml of skimmed milk and has similar weightloss, plus still being in ketosis.:cool:

I'm on 790 and was wondering what the loss difference a week is compared to SS?

well i used to drink loads of tea at least 6 cups a day, but for the last two days ive only had 3 max.
i also used to drink loads of pepsi max, so am wondering if the headache was caffiene withdawal ?
im wary of taking painkillers too much, i suffer with regular headaches anyway so if one cuppa is gonna get rid and make me feel better id rather do that.
im also more likely to say sod it and give in when im feeling crap , so just wondering is it better to have the cuppa and stay on track or not ?

well i used to drink loads of tea at least 6 cups a day, but for the last two days ive only had 3 max.
i also used to drink loads of pepsi max, so am wondering if the headache was caffiene withdawal ?
im wary of taking painkillers too much, i suffer with regular headaches anyway so if one cuppa is gonna get rid and make me feel better id rather do that.
im also more likely to say sod it and give in when im feeling crap , so just wondering is it better to have the cuppa and stay on track or not ?

I was about to mention the fact that SS+ allows a certain amount of milk, but KD got in there first :p,

Even with our comments, you still seem to be questioning, so it looks to me, that its actually you who'll have to eventually answer your question.

Whatever you decide I wish you well on your journey, just do what works for you

Dani,

Agreed that it's better to have the cuppa and slowly wean yourself off the caffein. Up the water and keep going darl!
X

Definitely. If a simple cup of tea, that will honestly do no harm, stops you giving up and heading for the fridge. Then have one. It will make no difference to your losses. Whatever it takes to get you through is my motto. Once you are in ketosis youll feel better then you can start to wean yourself off if you want. But in the meantime dont worry, youll lose weight and in a weeks time youll be wondering what the fuss was about.

hi, im on ss and had the same problem on day 2 and 3 but i got thru with headache tabs and lots of support on here!! ive made myself like black tea and it payed off i lost 12 1/4 my first week! so hang in there and keep talking to the girls! they got me thru.xx

I'm on 790 and was wondering what the loss difference a week is compared to SS?

790 isn't around anymore, but it's similar to 810 which will be about 1/4lb less a week (scientifically). In practice though, many folks find its about the same.

Hi Dani

I agree with what the others have said. Some of what you will eb feeling will be the diet kicking in - Stick with it and don;t try to modify it too much. You will find you feel lots better next week. Especially after your fits weigh in.
If you need caffeine maybe try halving your vanilla sachets and adding a spoon of coffee to each half to make a cappucino. I donlt know if anyone has used vanilla shake as amilk substitute in tea - so can't recommend that.

With this diet your head has to be in the right place. If you follow it you will lose weight and it will fall off!.
Take care and good luck

Hi Dani

I started CD on SS this time last week and I felt really rough for two days. I spent most of the weekend in bed, with a headache and not wanting to do a thing!

I stuck with it and now a week later, I can't believe I felt that way and now feel great! I want to stick to SS strictly as I can't bear the thought of coming out of ketosis and going through it again.

My advice - stick to it strictly and in a few days you'll feel fine

Good luck xx

hmm thanks,
good mix of opinions here.
i wish i had the otion to take myslef off somehwere quiet to get over headaches and stuff but i dont, 3 kids one of whom is autistic. they always seem more demanding whe youre not feeling good dont they .

Hi Dani

On the subject of headaches, before starting Cambridge I was taking maximum dosage of paracetomol daily and had a fairly constant headache. In the first week I still suffered but upped my caffeine consumption a little which helped. Since then I have had no problems and couldnt tell you the last time I had to take any painkillers. Keep going hun and if a cup of tea helps then have it.

xx

De caff Coffee

Hi

I have just start the CD this week, starting weight 13st 3 lbs and I opted for the SS. I'm finding that I'm drinking alot of De Caff coffee, does it count towards my 2 litres of water? I'm also adding sweeteners.

Suzanne

Back