How much did you lose before you dropped a dress size?? and how many days/weeks in wa

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by dabihp, 13 September 2007 Social URL.

1. dabihp

dabihp Full Member

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Chika

Chika Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cambridge Diet
    I dropped a dress size in my first week and I lost 14lbs. It varies though
  4. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

It took me ages to lose inches even though I was losing weight. I've now lost the best part of 5 stone but have only lost 5 inches round my waist so it really varies by person.
  5. Heaven can wait

Heaven can wait Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    Lighter Life Total
    I also lost quite a bit before I even got out of my last years summer clothes , it drove me mad , even though I had lost 2 and half stone. Then all of a sudden wow ! everything just started to fall off me. I guess it depends how how tight your clothes were before LOL. But once I got past about 4 stone it seemed like a size a month really fast through the 18's then 16's I guess it depends on how much you have to lose really, as a stone is a huge % of your body weight if you are lighter than at your top weight.
    Hope that makes sense , I went from size 22 to a 14 in 6 stone , with a stone and a half still to go.
  6. canaryellow

canaryellow Full Member

This is now my week 19, i started at a size 32.. and im now in between a 16-18 !

My hubby, was a 46 waist and now a 34 !

this diet is great, i wish id have done it years ago..

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  8. Sambucca

Sambucca Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Gastric BYpass
    Ive dropped roughly a dress size for each stone. I was having to squeeze into my size 20's at the start as I refused to buy 22's (thats when I finally realised I had to do something about my weight) Ive lost just under 4 stone and am now wearing size 14's
  9. JodieJoJo

JodieJoJo Silver Member

I've lost 2 stone 5 and a half pounds and I started at a size small 16.

I would say that I dropped to a 14 after a stone and then to a 12 after the next stone.

I am now in between a 10 and a 12 and have around half a stone to 10 pounds left to lose. Hopefully that will take me into a proper size 10!
  10. ava

ava Silver Member

Whenever i've lost weight before i've always had to lose alot before my dress sizes started going down. I was a size 28 in trousers when i started, now after 4.5 stone i'm in a 24, can get into a 22 but they are a bit tight round the waist. I like to blame my big bones ;)
  11. mimosa23

mimosa23 Dutchie

The less you have to lose, the less pounds it takes to drop a dress size generally.

When I first started, I had 4 stone to lose. The first 2 1/2 stone I lost a little over one dress size. Then after that it was 2 stone lost, 2 dress sizes lost and the last 1/2 stone made me a dress size less. So it did average out to be about 1 dress size per stone, but the inchloss did go faster as I got closer to my goal weight.

Right now, it takes about 10 pounds to lose a dress size for me.

(my ticker needs updating, but as I'm not seeing my CDC till Tuesday, I'm waiting till then!)
  12. dabihp

dabihp Full Member

well doen everyone!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.