How much do you eat?

doublehappy

I'm on my 2nd week of Extra Easy and loving it. But my only question is exactly HOW MUCH to eat?

I'm finding that I'll get up and have a piece of fruit (gotta eat first thing!) then graze on fruit til about 12 by which time I'm hungry for something savoury, so I'll have a free Mug Shot.

The thing is, I'm hungry again by about 2pm so end up making something a bit more substantial like free Super Noodles with some veg thrown in followed by a Muller Light! And then I'll usually eat more fruit at some point plus a HiFi bar as my HE 'b' choice and have dinner at about 6ish, usually something quite carby like pasta and low-syn or free sauce or similar.

Is this too much?? If I'd have eaten this quantity before I'm sure I'd have put weight on! Is a Mug Shot supposed to be instead of a bigger lunch or is it ok to have it as a snack? I'm just worried I'm overeating, even if it's all free!

hi

it doesnt seem to me that you are eating too much. personally I think you should have more of a breakfast. the saying is Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.
with regard with eating too much, if you are hungry then you need to eat. i dont let myself get to the famished stage, but i dont eat until i am uncomfortable either.
hope this helps, but i am sure that you will get more advise soon.x

As long as you are eating until you are satisfied, you will be fine. The difference with SW isnt the quantity of food you eat, but the quality.

I so green and eat some alpens or crackerbreads with cheese spread mid morning for brekkie (HEX's and its the first thing I can face), then usually left overs from the previous nights tea like spag bol with HEX cheese for lunch and then something like chips, egg and beans for tea. I have something sweet later with my syns.

I eat BIG portions at my meals but dont tend to snack really in between, but if I was going to I would have an apple or a muller maybe.

Works for me!

Thanks Kirsty and Tara.
I re-read my post afterwards and it doesn't seem like that much now I've written it down! I guess I'm so used to having to deprive myself on a diet - even before I understood Extra Easy there would be times when I'd feel a bit resentful that I couldn't have meat on a Green day despite being allowed to eat my body weight in pasta (in theory of course!!)
Thought it was best to check!
Thank you xx

Your eating:
Fruit
12pm - Mugshot
2pm - super noodles, veg / fruit & muller yog
fruit
Hi Fi bar (HEX B)
6pm - Pasta

Personally i don't think your eating enough and sorry to say but def not the right foods.
If your hungry on a morning - fruit is not enough!!!
Mugshots are great - but they are not substantial
Be careful with the amount of fruit you are eating, eating some cause hungry is ok (it has lots of natural sugar in it) but really you should be eating VEG (do you add LOTS veg to your tea)

Could you do some planning on the evening - quick bfasts or something proper for lunch (pasta with veg or sw quiche etc)

On a typical day I'd have

Fried egg on toast (or some crispy taties) with mushrooms and tomatoes

Soup ( if I've had bread) or a sandwich or a salad with a tin of sardines

Dinner can be veg curry and rice, liver and bacon casserole with jacket potato and broccoli, or chicken with cheese and bacon wrapped with Boulangere potatoes and green beans.

I might have a banana or apple or a yogurt mostly not though!

So I eat far more than you, praps it's tone to scale back!

I have something on toast ie
beans on toast (B choice)
two pieces of fruit for midday
home made soup (huge portion)
fat free yogurt
a large dinner, maybe SW chips, quorn sausages, bacon, tinned toms.
and maybe i will have a couple of syns for sauces
or a bournville.
if i am hungry inbetween i will have boiled eggs or ham salad.

Looks fine to me. Everyone eats different amounts. The only thing that matters is that you eat when you are hungry, and stop once you're full xx

Hi thanks for the advice everyone
To Slimbysummer - I usually add a lot of veg to my evening meal, I just gave pasta as an example because I always eat loads of it and it's always been a 'no-no' food on any other diet. I was just wondering if eating a mug shot as a snack ontop of noodles with veg for lunch and then pasta for dinner (all very carby!) would actually lose me any weight that's all. I don't have pasta every night by far! Last night we had veggie sausages with butternut squash, onions, shallots, leeks and carrots so I'm definitely getting my veg in.
And in response to the breakfast thing, I just prefer to eat sweet stuff for breakfast and I personally find eating something like beans on toast etc makes me feel really hungry by about 11am.
Thanks for all the advice! :eek:) xx

Hiya

I have pasta, rice or potatoes twice a day, every day wihtout fail. I couldnt survive otherwise!!! :)

Sounds like your all organised. so i wouldnt worry & just enjoy x

And in response to the breakfast thing, I just prefer to eat sweet stuff for breakfast and I personally find eating something like beans on toast etc makes me feel really hungry by about 11am. :eek:) xx

But that's a good thing! It means your metabolism is up and running and you are burning calories. And if you are hungry mid-morning then have something else! Fruit on it's own is not enough imho.

PatchworkPuss said:
But that's a good thing! It means your metabolism is up and running and you are burning calories. And if you are hungry mid-morning then have something else! Fruit on it's own is not enough imho.

Agreed! In fact some argue that making one meal last for 4-5 hours is too long. Why not have fruity gypsy toast for breakfast?

I have breakfast when I get to work, so no cooking facilities means I have to have something cold. I don't really like cereal (apart from unhealthy ones!), so I always have a banana and yogurt. This works fine for me. I usually then have my HexB (ryvita minis or a Hi-fi bar) mid morning, and then I'm OK until lunch.

I eat quite a bit! Everyday I will have toast for breakfast which will either be with poached eggs, scrambled eggs or banana etc! Lunch would normally be left over dinner from the night before and then I have a proper dinner in the evening! I only do Red & Green so have my HE's to play with the whole day, its great!

I usually have beans on toast for brekkie with 2 pieces of fruit which I eat just before. If you like something sweet you could use you hexb to have 2 alpen bars along with the fruit. I usually have a cup of home made soup this week I made my own version of carrott and corriander which is yum. Had chicken curry and rice midday also had an activia yogurt. For tea I am having slimming world chips cod and veg and I still have 15syns if I want to use them!
This week our consultant stressed that we have to forget about all other diets and not to try and incoporate low carb/points plan with sw. She said its not a diet more a healthy way of living. Many of the members have remarked that the weeks they eat the most and use their syns seems to be the week they have the best losses!

I think I eat quite alot but I'd rather eat quite alot of great food than a small amount of synful rubbish ;)

Today I've had:
Breakfast: 28g porridge, milk, 2 pears, large handful of grapes, 1 aldi 70 calorie bar

Snacks: banana, whole melon, diet coke, milk in tea

Dinner: Large jacket potato, 28g cheese, tin of baked beans. 4 carrots.

Tea: Garlic and chilli rice soup with cabbage and spring onion.

Pud: 1 x 70 calorie aldi cereal bar. vlf fromage frais with hot chocolate powder (12g), 50g light walls soft scoop.

Back