1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice

How much does exercise help?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by batlo8, 24 May 2009 Social URL.

1. batlo8

batlo8 Well-Known Member

When I did LT I didn't exercise at all but I am considering doing so this time.

However I must admit I am majorly lazy so if cardio doesn't speed the loss up much I will probably just do toning exercises.

Has anyone exercised? and if so has it helped?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. ruthontheedge

ruthontheedge Well-Known Member

I do exercise to music classes twice a week (1 hour each) and try to walk at lunchtimes and weekends (weather permitting). I think it has improved my cardio fitness as i deffo don't get out of breath as easy now. I am thinking of now going to the gym to focus on toning certain bits - thighs, bingo wings etc.

I think any exercise is a bonus to you and it does make you feel better once you have done it - never thought i would hear myself say that!

4. wellandgood

wellandgood Well-Known Member

I regularly exercise on the treadmill at home. 5 days a week. 30-40 min at a brisk pace. I do it to feel good and help to ol heart. Dont know if it helps lose faster but it helps with stress releif and cardio fittness. i wouldnt go over the top with any exercise on vlcd's. moderation...

5. do it anyway

do it anyway Member

I swim 3-4 times a week and try to be more active. I feel fine doing it and I am convinced that it will help me tone as I lose weight. Go for it!

6. Losing it for good

Losing it for good Well-Known Member

I haven't done any exercise but am starting to feel very flabby. I am going to start walking to and from the train station each morning (approx 15/20 min each way) and start doing toning exercises. I wouldn't go over the top on VLCD though x

7. batlo8

batlo8 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advise, think I may stick mostly to toning and then start with the cardio once I move up to 810.

Plus I'll do small things like walk the long way to the train station, take the stairs at work etc. I also read somewhere that getting up during the add breaks EVERY time they come on can make a difference!

8. Losing it for good

Losing it for good Well-Known Member

Never heard about the ad breaks will give it a try tonight when I am watching the soaps.lol