How much does it cost you?

broxi

ButtErFly
Just wondering how much your week's shopping costs you with CD? I was told by someone it is £36 but I'm paying £40. Also does anyone know how much Lighter Life is as a matter of interest?
I've certainly saved money on CD though as I'm not in supermarket buying wee extras all the time. My son's moaning though as my husband's doing the shopping and he buys rubbish and purely basics. Whereas I USED to buy lots of treats. Ha, maybe he'll appreciate me more!

CD is about 36 -40 a week if you have 21 packs , hope your not over 5ft 8 cos then you need 4 packs a day .
LL used to be 66 a week it will be more now . Also you do sometimes have to pay for a forum to be signed which would have cost me by my doctor 99 pounds . so think of that too

your son will have to go shopping with his dad now lol .
Which diet are you thinking of doing LL or CD ?

LL you must have a forum signed by a doctor who usaly do charge , but CD a forum does not get charged , think they do write to your doctor but no charge on CD

It's funny how lighter life is so much more expensive. Apparently it has exactly the same nutrients. Maybe it has better or more flavours or something?
Personally, I dont like Lighter Life- my sister in law that we all loved lost 8st went from being a lovely person into a sour bitter person. She had an affair and left my brother after 25 years of what seemed to be a very happy marriage - at least she always told us that until she went on diet. She said LL taught her she was worth so much more. I'm sure that's nothing to do with diet but I'm just prejudice cos we all lost someone we loved! Anyway, when I get thin, I think it'll just make me fancy my husband more!

Hi MsJMC, Sorry about the big rant! I'm doing CD. On week 2. Don't understand the price difference?

The price , it all depends what your CDC wants to charge .
with people losing weight some do that , my sister lost a friend after her friend lost weight she changed , not a nice person , some people do change not all .
with LL you are paying for your meetings .

Thanks for info Ms JMC

It depends on which items you get. For me shakes, soups and porridges are £1.75 which if you just get those is £36. But if you were to get more bars and tetras which are £1.95 it'll cost a bit more.

I'm getting charged £40 whatever I buy.

It does varey, I was told the rrp set by cambridge for a shake is £1.68, but my CDC charges £1.65, the bars & tetra are a bit more.
It is somones buisiness at the end of the day & like retail shops you will get a price difference. (I switched CDC & my original lady charged £1.80 per shake, but now I pay £46 but it was £50.40, I am on 4 pks per day)

It does varey, I was told the rrp set by cambridge for a shake is £1.68, but my CDC charges £1.65, the bars & tetra are a bit more.
It is somones buisiness at the end of the day & like retail shops you will get a price difference. (I switched CDC & my original lady charged £1.80 per shake, but now I pay £46 but it was £50.40, I am on 4 pks per day)

you say rrp ? what do you mean by that ?

rrp is recomended retail price, cdc get a guide to what to charge, i pay £1.70 shakes and soups and £1.95 tetras and bars x

LL is £66 per week for 28 food packs (4 per day). You do need to have a form signed by your doctor to be able to start but it does vary on what your doctors charge. I was charges £10 someone else was charged £40. The £66 also includes a weekly group meeting which consists of a weigh in and an hour of councilling.

I have been doing LL for 18 weeks now and have found that I couldn't have lost the weight I have without my group to support me.

There are good things and bad things about each diet but yes they are virtually the same. It just depends what you want from your diet.

I have read another thread on here where there were so many people saying that they needed councilling as well as losing the weight and that is I why I think LL is the perfect package for me.

I think anyone loosing weight regardless of which diet they do will gain confidence and feel they deserve more in every aspect of their life. I for one have applied for a promotion at work which 18 weeks ago I wouldn't have dreamed of doing. I put that down to loosing weight not LL.

At the end of the day it is a personal preference. I have nothing against CD as I think it is perfect for a lot of people (including one of my friends) but it's not for me. I see people having fantastic weight losses on both diets so whichever one you choose, it will help you get to where you want to be.

Good luck everyone in their journeys x x

Hiya Broxi, this subject comes up a lot and although i am not a CDC, I sort of feel sorry for them sometimes.
The thing is, CDC's are not just selling food packs, many of them out there are really good weight loss consultants and offer so much of their time to us dieters.
LL is expensive, upward of £66 because you are paying for a structured councelling session. With CD because many counsellors do this counselling ad hoc, we seem to forget about it.
I am a hypnotherapist and charge a lot for my time, but thats ebcause my skills are worth what I charge and people expect to pay for my time. When I visit my CDC, I am rarely out of there within an hour, and yet in theory she gets paid a very modest hourly rate.
I know some CDC's are very much in it for quick profit, little effort, but I think that when we ask the question what do your CDC's charge we should also be saying, "what do your CDC's charge, and what services dot hey offer you"
The other thing is, I believe that CDC's make the same profit up and down the country and yet the cost of living is most definitely different from one place to another int he UK so CDC's have to make money to cover their costs and make enough money.
As for RRP, it means nothing, how many shops do you know that sell anything by an rrp?
I would say, if you are happy with the service you get from your consellor then he or she is worth every penny you pay, if you are not happy, then i would look else where...
Alos just remember that paying £40 a week, is only the equivalent of paying £5.70 a day for food... You don't need anything else at all and it is absolutely nutritionally based.
I doubt many of us could say that eating our normal overweight diet, we could eat for less than double that :(
I know I used to spend a huge amount on food for myself!

Just to add, I believe some CDC's do run groups if you want the added support of group therapy, why not ask yours if she can do that, if it is something you want?

Good luck with your journey xx

Just to confirm, there are no added extra's with the £66 and it's the same every week for every LLC up and down the country. There are extra optionals that you can buy though e.g water flavourings & savoury broth but the £66 is the weekly cost for 4 food packs a day for 7 days and your weekly meeting.

rrp is recomended retail price, cdc get a guide to what to charge, i pay £1.70 shakes and soups and £1.95 tetras and bars x

rrp ... yes i was just thinking of do they get it at that but no , I understand it now they say to sell around that price so those who charge more are greedy lol

back in april 07 I went to a LL meeting and I was happy but when they said you need a forum signed I thought great took it to me doctor , he said this is out of hours and the cost would be 99 pounds , I thought no way... so I left it there and then got into CD

Thanks Becks and Tillyfloss, That was very informative. Yes my CDC is fantastic and very inspiring so for that reason I would have been sticking with her anyway. You're so right. I just didn't understand the difference.
Tillyfloss, Do you see a lot of success with hypnosis? I was thinking of getting that too to help me through this diet. What do you think? xxx

Mrs JMC I think your doctor was trying to skank you!!! They only need to weigh you, take bp & pulse and state whether you have any pre-existing medical conditions. I would have been outraged if that was me.

Someone asked me if I'd tried hypnosis, In haven't but would love to give it a go. How much does it cost? I've heard Paul McKenna's book is good.

Mrs JMC I think your doctor was trying to skank you!!! They only need to weigh you, take bp & pulse and state whether you have any pre-existing medical conditions. I would have been outraged if that was me.

Someone asked me if I'd tried hypnosis, In haven't but would love to give it a go. How much does it cost? I've heard Paul McKenna's book is good.

You think they would do it free and sign it as you are trying to help yourself lose weight and also in the long run saving the NHS too .
That is really what made me say no I wont do it , maybe say 20 pounds but not 99 .
I have paul Mckenna's book , he is good , anything is worth a go

Back