How much exercise do you do?

AmandaC

Hi all,
I'm relatively new to SW, and wondered if you all do lots of exercise alongside your healthy eating?

I used to be quite fit myself in the past, running quite often, pilates and so on, but I've had a hip operation (never right at 28 years old! lol) and been sat around doing not very much at all for a while now.... I'm having physio, but feel it will be a while til I'm back to pulling on my trainers and taking myself out for a run in the rain again.....

I guess what I'm saying is, does it work when you're quite inactive?

x

I've gone from coach potato to Exercise Queen! in just over 8 weeks! I do 1 hour x 5 times weekly! BUT I have in the past lost 33lbs without doing anything.

Last edited:
The Slimming World Plan WILL still work even if you don't do much in the way of exercise - My hubby and I have been on the plan since Jan 2008 and have lost 10st between us ......... we ARE quite active now but we didn't have the inclination or the energy to do much activity when we started.

Lots of others at class have confessed that they haven't done much exercise but have managed to get good weightlosses too.

I would recommend that you include some activity if/when you can as it really will help to tone you up as you go - Best o'luck'n'stuff!

my main exercise is . . . . um can't really think of any !! So yes my one stone loss is through diet alone. x

I walk for an hour about 5 times a week with my son in his buggy and walk my dads dog at least twice a week, as for planned exercise i dont really do much but i am trying to bribe my husband in to buying me a wiifit :p

I've only recently started exercising more but I managed to lose one and three quarter stone in about four months with very little exercise. Many people on Slimming World lose a lot of weight with very little exercise. As Wacky Jacky said, once you lose a big chunck of weight you are much more inclined to start exercising and then that helps you to lose a bit more but mostly tones up your body so that you look even slimmer. My consultant says that if you exercise moderately about three times a week you can expect to lose about 1 or 2 extra lbs a month. That's quite a bit less than what you can lose just by following the eating plan.

There are, of course, many health benefits to regular exercise.

Back