How much exercise?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - ProPoints Plan Recipes' started by Jem292, 3 February 2011 Social URL.

1. Jem292

Jem292 Full Member

I'm trying to do 45-60 minutes in the gym 4 times a week, I do 15-20 minutes on each of the following, the bike, cross trainer and brisk walk on treadmill. Some weeks I substitute the gym for aerobics or zumba if I fancy a change. I also do a bit of resistance weights maybe twice a week. I'm on weight watchers and have been sticking to the daily points etc but last week I lost no weight?? Felt really disheartened after all my hard work, I only use about 10 of my weekly points, am thinking it may be worth using more of my weekly allowance each day for things like a larger portion size for dinner? Any experience with this anyone? X
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Gracienoods

Gracienoods Full Member

You may not be showing a loss on the scales as you are building up muscle tone and strength (muscle weighs more than fat) which has led to you not showing a loss on the scales. If I were you (wish I was doing that much exercise) id stick with it another week or two go as your going and see. You might see a significant loss next week! Think if you've built up muscle and weigh the same you've list a good amount if fat from your body :) hope this puts your mind at ease :) jeep up the good work (sorry for the use of the word fat, evil word) good luck :D
  4. ChubLock

ChubLock Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Wow that's an achievement - well done you :D
  5. Tracey1000

Tracey1000 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Low Carb
    Don't worry

I've had a similar experience to you Jem. I go to the gym 5 times a week. I do 15 mins treadmill and 45 mins crosstrainer on Tues & Thurs. Then in Mon, Wed and Fri I do 15 mins treadmill then 40 mins weights and 30 mins crosstrainer to finish. I'm losing inches faster than weight loss at the moment and have gone down a dress size too.

Don't be disheartened - keep going with the exercise and take a note of your measurements if you haven't already.

Best of luck
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.