how much fruit?

sarah88

Gold Member
so fruit and veg is free but how many portions a day is everyone having? i have eaten lots of fruit today but worry it will slow my loss

I eat quite a lot, and it possibly may slow my losses in the long run!! However I see it, I'd prefer to lose weight a little slower and eat well and nutritiously, and be able to feel full, and make best use of my points than drop the weight fast but further restrict myself. Plus, chocolate would slow your losses more!!

I think the general consensus is that as long as you're consuming fruit 'normally', you should be fine. E.g a couple of pieces/portions for breakfast and another couple for lunch should be fine, as long as they're varied, whereas 4 or 5 bananas in a day may be a bit excessive.

Give it a go, if you feel its hindering you, cut back, but don't deprive yourself, make the best of the free food!!

:)

I am eating about three to four pieces of fruit a day - for instance; an apple, two clementines and some melon or pineapple usually, and maybe a few grapes. Today I've had them all apart from the melon and pineapple. I think the key to knowing how much is too much is to have what you want on one week, then have a similar menu but have less fruit and see if it makes a difference. But like RhiBro, I think the main thing is eating sensibly and well :) xxx

I eat five portions of fruit a day (60g portions) and i think my losses are good. My leader said that at first ppl go a bit fruit mad but ppl normally find the right amount to be having after a wk or so.

Someone asked this question at this morning's meeting, one person said they stick to what they would have had before, and the leader said "eat what you feel you want, noone's ever come through the door and said they have a fruit addiction".....not actually sure how helpful that is though lol

Back