How much have you lost during RtM?

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
Hi again :) well... for those of you who have completed RTM or are doing it now, I just wondered how much weight you lost during the 12 weeks? Or .. less than that if you ain't finished yet!

I still want to lose 2.5 stone and am hoping to shift about a stone of it (atleast) over RTM! - According to home scales which are usually pretty accurate, I have lost 4lbs since wednesday... (today is day 3 of RTM) x

Hi Claire - I'm starting week 4 on Monday, and at my last WI (Thursday) had lost a total of 5lb on RtM - I still have about a stone and a half to lose, so will lose some of that whilst on RtM, but do want some weight still to lose after RtM, so I can prove to myself that I can control my weight whilst eating normally, and that I can lose weight if I need to without having to go through this process again

Gr8... thanks Corey :)

I think thats my plan too... One of my new goals is "to prove I can lose weight on my own, without relying on LL" - which is obviously for after rtm!

Hope ur well :) x

Hey- How you finding it hun?
Iv lost 3lbs in 2 weeks. due to be weighed on monday at the start of week 4 so will let you know chick!
x

:) I'm looking fwd to my WI this week ... I'm finding it OK, I'm not a lover of raw spinach, or other leafy salad (except lettuce) - I have tried eating all the other stuff like raw cabbage but it ends up getting thrown in the bin!

I'm enjoying it so far, it feels good to eat and not feel bad about it :)

Gr8... thanks Corey :)

I think thats my plan too... One of my new goals is "to prove I can lose weight on my own, without relying on LL" - which is obviously for after rtm!

Hope ur well :) x

I'm doing gr8 Claire, although do need to find a support group to help me with my addiction to Yoghurt! I just can't get enough of the stuff - could happily live on it! Although that said, have it a bit of a wall with RtM - am now finding salad etc isn't enough, I need something that has some substance - could kill for a sandwich! I'm not a big lover of bread, and know that bread is not one of my triggers, but will have to wait for that sandwich I guess.

I have started week 4 a day early due to family get together - was nice to have a roast dinner. My mother in law wasn't sure what veg I could have so did about 8 different varieties - got to love her - was weird not having potatoes though (and they are a definately a trigger) was good though and didn't have anything I shouldn't - not even carrots or peas (and I adore both!!) Still on the plus side half way through the process before trigger weeks kick in, although am not going to do week 12 as they are foods that I have absolutely no intention of having again, and therefore see little point in teasing my body for a one off!

This isn't totally related but I noticed both you Claire and Corey have gone to RTM before the magic 25 BMI. I am looking ahead and abstinence seems like it's stretching on forever. I also have some time awat at the end of July I'd like to be able to eat for.
What's you advice about when to move to rtm?

I believe Corey went on to RTM early for medical reasons and I know a few other's who did this too. You don't have to wait until a 25 BMI, once you're through foundation you can move on whenever you want, but your LLC may disapprove. I am moving on once I'm under the 25 BMI but my LLC gave me lecture saying she 'prefers' us to have a BMI of between 22 and 23 and I should lose a little more. Not going to though, moving on when I want to not her. So really it's up to you Ally, but you're already half way there! Just see how you feel nearer the time x

Thanks DonnaL. I was confused as on here people talk about losing about a stone on rtm but my LLC was saying definitely get to at least your goal before you move.

Hi Claire, I lost a further half stone or so through RtM but have pretty much stabilised now (am just starting week 12). I did put on three pounds last week (bread week - bread is evil and I will be avoiding it from now on), but that's the only time I've put on. I'm supposed to be on snack week this week, but am avoiding it. I like eating healthily and don't feel the need to go for processed stuff any more - it's a very weird feeling as that's what I lived on before. I'm also addicted to fat free Greek yoghurt and could eat it for every meal!
To optimise your weight loss, you could slow down RtM by not doing the trigger weeks as they definitely cause a little bit of a gain.
It will be great to see how you go over the next few weeks - it's a whole new world and don't worry if you've never been a fan of green leafy stuff before - you will be surprised at how much your tastes will have changed.
Best wishes,
Linze

I know I shouldn't be cynical, but don't forget LL and the counsellors get a lot of money out of us, it's really in their best interests for us to stay in abstinence for as long as possible!

I'm going into RTM in a few weeks, hubby and me have both been feeling dizzy and ill, and I think it's time we started to introduce food.

Also, think about it, if your body needs 2000 calories to maintain at goal, and you eat 2000 before you're at goal, then you'll continue to lose. You wont be following a different diet than you would in maintenance.

For me personally, I've started exercising and have frequently found I feel too dizzy and ill to run. Exercise is the key for keeping the weight off and staying healthy (I think so anyway) and I'd rather be exercising and eating, than not exercising and sole sourcing. :D

I had to stop abstinence because of medical stuff and have lost 8 lbs so far on RTM. i am on week 8 so thats a pound a week. I think that I will use the menus that we have on this plan to continue to lose a bit more weight over the next 6 months. My BMI is around 28 so I do not have far to go.

The diet seems just like the GI diet so I can use that book to give me meal ideas.

Ive really enjoyed RTM. Like a lot of people I only introduce things that I really want to... if Im definitely intending to avoid things, then I havent put them back in.

I've continued to lose a fair bit in RTM, just checked in my book, and its about a stone and a half between Week 8 of abstinence, when I finished, and now which is about Week 10 of RTM.

Im now at about 11st, with a BMI of 21.04.

I am on week 2 RTM and lost 3.5 lbs in week one. I do however have this little theory that whatever you do or don't do..takes a week to show up on the scales :rolleyes: so I won't be suprised to have gained or sts this week - think my body is in shock at actually getting food after 23 weeks and will want to hold onto it :p
I have had a couple of really dodgy moments as brain appears to think that as I have lost 4 stones I dont need to play the healthy eating game :confused:
Appear to be on track for the time being but will definately be going to class every week! :wave_cry:

Hi there I am in 4th week of RTM. Must say I am following it with the odd deviant behaviour of having an extra salad a day! Mood and food diary is really a life saver as I really am understanding myself and thoughts around food. Also watching my calorie intake even though I slip up occassionally. I just want to do the best for my body and remind myself constan tly of that especially when reaching for nibbles. LL given me the ability and awareness to disassociate food with feelings and is apparent now I'm in RTM, feeling great about it all. Lost around 5 pounds in the last 4 weeks. Would like to lose 10 pounds. I know by the end if I havent meet me goal then I carrying on watching calorie intake till I am there. boy its good to feel in control! Believe you can and you will!

I always had a salad for lunch instead of having veg snacks, which was fine with my LLC.

I've found these posts really encouraging. I'm starting RTM on Tuesday and still want to lose about 17lbs (well could be less after my last week of abstinence wi tomorrow!). How are you all getting on at the moment as I see this topic was quite a while ago!

Hi Kaelin,

Congrats on completing Foundation!:clap:

Your weight loss record is especially interesting to me, because I started with a similar amount of weight to lose as you did. I was sort of hoping that I'd be at a healthy BMI by week 14 (I could) -- but I was sad to calculate that I'd still have about 15 pounds to lose in management. :cry: Sooo, I am going to see how you do and wish you the best (for your sake and as that might bode well for me come October 21st -- which I hope will be my last day in Foundation). So, good luck in Management!:party0011:

--Mel

Back