How much in how long?

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Im doing Exante, literally on day 5, and struggling BIG time. Im so desperate, and when Ive done WW in the past, my losses have been so slow, and Ive given up. But Im missing food on exante. As you can see from my signiture, I have ALOT to lose, and I was wondering how much people had lost in how long, for a bit of food for thought for me.

I've not been at it that long but 12.5 lbs in 4 weeks for me :)

I've not been on it too long - but so far I've lost 11lbs in 5 weeks

15lbs in 5 weeks

7.5lbs in 3 weeks :) weightwatchers is brilliant just stick to your portions, use your pro points wisely (i.e. not all on chocs and crisps) and watch the weight drop off you! Also, don't look at it as a race... as long as you're losing then you're winning! good luck whatever u choose x

my first week on Exante I lost 7lb, my first week on WW and i lost 5lb - and i ate 3 healthy meals a day with snacks and not a shake in sight!!!
quite happy with that!

X

I have more than that to loose and have done 20lbs in 5/6 weeks.

But with all diets it requires willpower and time!

Dietplans that exclude certain foods or even entire foodgroups are *really* hard to stick to, imo.
This is why I chose WW, nothing is excluded :D
Losing weight takes time, but I've found losses on WW are quite good so far, except week 3, was a bit crap but I did cash in loads of weeklies cause of my sisters birthday, which involved mandatory Domino's pizza and applepie, but I still lost weight...just not much ;)
In 3 weeks, I lost 4,2 kilo's (that is 9,24lbs) and next weigh in is tomorrow.

Since August 2011, I followed SW until November and WW since then and have lost 34lb which is 8lb off 3 stone. :D

Do whatever makes you happy, I know you may feel have a lot to lose but break it down into small goals, and the support from everyone here is priceless. x

sorry but what is the rush? Weight Watchers recommends a loss of 0.5/2lbs a week. That's for a HEALTHY weight loss, a weight loss where you don't lose much of your metabolic muscle mass. Remember that when you lose 4 or 5 lbs in a week, you don't lose fat but muscles, it's your body cannibalising itself because you don't give it enough nutrition. That's NOT good because it slows down your metabolism so then you can't eat much without putting all the weight back on. Besides, your muscles hold the fat tight and if you lose muscles rather than fat then you look gaunt and with loads of loose skin, definitely not a pretty sight even if you've lost the weight.

weight Watchers allows you to have the food that you like in moderation. Even if it took you 2 years to get to goal, SO WHAT? Dieting is something that you will need to KEEP ON DOING FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE in maintenance mode, it's better that you stick this in your head before you start yo-yoing! Yo-yoing is very dangerous because you lose muscles and gain fat and this can compromise your metabolism and it can take a very long time to adjust again. As long as you can have a little bit of what you fancy, you should be happy to continue doing what you're doing and that is working. I am deeply AGAINST diets like Exante and other meal replacement diets, I don't think they educate you and give you healthy and durable habits that you can keep on following. Remember that the longer it takes you to lose the weight with a healthy diet the easier it will be for you to maintain the result because you have had time to learn new habits that you would automatically follow even in maintenance. Losing weight and maintaining is not dieting but learning how to live and eat healthily and properly. DIET in greek means "way of eating" not restriction of calories!

So stop restricting yourself and start living with WW. Don't worry about how long it takes. 1 lb a week will make you lose 52 lbs a year, so you would get to goal in 2 years. Enough to learn good habits and ensure you don't get back to where you are now!

A hug and a kiss!

Ive lost 13 pounds in 4 weeks, and I have to say its been the best thing Ive done.

I have tried time and time again with VLCD and they ar enot for me. They are great for some but do me no good whatsoever. I cant do them and keep convincing myself I can resulting in another gain!!

The post above is so true its realising in your head that it's not going to happen overnight and it is for life, I think thats why I'm managing a bit better this time. If I go tomorrow and lose a pound I am going to be happy with this.

I was a yo yo dieter and I stared exante in January and I hated every minute of it, I thought Ill just get a quick start and then change but I couldnt do it. Before Id always be thinking 'how much can I lose by June etc etc. Well I have decided to change my approach - every couple of pounds I lose I feel a bit better and I can eat yummy food, so I have decided to take the pressure off and enjoy the journey, however long it takes.
If I find myself thinking, this is too slow Im likely to binge and give up, and then ill find myself doing a another quick fix and back on the yo yo roundabout - so instead I tell myself, just stay calm, stick to my points and I can continue to eat yummy food, forever!

Good Luck, you can do it!

As you will see from my signature I also have a lot to lose, I've been doing WW for 40 weeks this Tuesday.

My average weight loss is 1lb a week, ofcourse I would love it to be more but then I just have to tell myself that it took long enough to gain it so I can't expect it to fall off. I have lost more per week since the start of the year but I have upped my exercise by playing dancing/fitness games on my wii.

Sx

9lb in 4 weeks for me and i am thrilled! this week i've eaten a takeaway pizza and a bar of chocolate, so i'm clearly not on a diet, i like to think i am making a lifestyle change.

i couldn't cope without my treats and W.W allows me to have these. i love it!

Remember that when you lose 4 or 5 lbs in a week, you don't lose fat but muscles, it's your body cannibalising itself because you don't give it enough nutrition.

I don't see that u can really say this, I'm doing ww simply filling which is healthy filling and nutritious food, I have had weeks where I have lost more than 2lb, r u really saying this plan isn't good for me?

I have lost 15.25lb in 5 weeks!

To the person who said losing 4lbs+ is you losing muscle, not fat...you shouldn't be spreading that around when you have no idea what you're saying. My doctors measure my fat and muscle, last week I lost 7lbs and it was all fat, not muscle. Its not right to go around saying wrong things. And there is NOTHING wrong with a person wanting to lose weight fast either.

I've lost 94lbs in just over a yr, the way I c it it took me more than a yr to put up 7 stone so I'm ecstatic with my losses so far, I have also learnt the best lesson of all & that is re-training myself to enjoy & eat the right foods, when I did the Cambridge I hated missing food, & sadly once I started eating food again I put the weight on (& extra) so I decided I needed to try something that I could stick to, good luck u can do it, xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

im glad im not the only one who dissagreed with that statement. as u can see i havent quite mastered the quote thing!

Back