How much is too much?!?

Daisyboo

Another couscous cake question! I made one yesterday (split it into 6 muffin moulds) and ate 3 yesterday, had another for breakfast this morning then made some more this afternoon and have eaten 4 since then. So thats 1 and 1/6th of the 'normal' recipe in about 24 hours.

Too much? Can I have another one with my coffee?!?

x

Well, they say 'everything in moderation' and that includes free food aswell i'm afraid :eek: After all, it's still based on calories, even if the psychology's different to most diets ;)

My consultant says if you're eating it as free and still losing weight then eat it as free. If it hinders you, chill on it a bit. x

I like to think that 'free' foods are the ones on the list but that syn free foods are things like couscous cake that I'm a bit more careful about.
So, with that in mind, I would only allow myself a couple of bits of couscous cake a day and I'd be careful not to overeat on it.

I would say that if you're eating more cous cous than you would if having it as part of a main meal, then you might want to think about limiting it. I don't use this recipe so am not sure how much cous cous you normally use to make them. In my view it's when you start eating 'abnormal' amounts that the food abuse questions starts to come into play.

Although saying that, 4 cous cous muffins must SURELY be better for you than 4 real muffins, so it's all a question of getting the balance right x

Back